Texas Fishing Forum

lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes

Posted By: Clay at twok

lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/03/15 05:16 PM

Any Help would be appreciated.....thinking of going out this evening and staying late.
Collin Park locks the exit gate at 10pm. No Good!!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/03/15 05:48 PM

Lavonia south
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/03/15 06:31 PM

Will they let you night fish there? Does any major lake around Dallas not let you night fish? Could never find any regulations so I assume you can.
Posted By: T-Gauntt

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/03/15 07:18 PM

I don't exactly think that's accurate. Collin Park may lock the entrance gate when they close, but not the exit gate. I have stayed many nights after 10pm, and have never one time been locked in. It's possible they could have changed their policy or something tho, because I haven't stayed that late since probably this time last year.
Posted By: erdum

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/03/15 07:32 PM

I'm curious about this too. Last year I was parked at the day use area at Lavonia Park (kayak fishing) and they told me to be off the water by the time the sun went down. I wasn't since the fishing was good and I could see someone in a vehicle pull up and look in my truck with a flashlight. I headed back when I saw that and they told me again. It might be different with the boat ramp open, maybe they had people paying for day use and camping out or something.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/04/15 04:28 AM

Tickey creek boat ramp is open as far as I know, it's free and I don't think it ever closes.
Posted By: fagin007

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/04/15 04:01 PM

Was out Saturday at Collin and they said they lock the entry gate but you can get out the exit gate after they close so you will not be trapped.
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/05/15 06:05 PM

Just a FYI, At those parks on Lavon where camping is allowed,and I suspect other COE lakes too, unless you pay for a campsite, you fall under the day use rules. Parks open at sunup and close at sundown (not dark)for day use! You will be asked to leave on or before sundown unless you have a campsite. And, another FYI, some park attendants use a different time zone for sundown! smile smile

This is a good rule IMHO because as a camper, I don't want open traffic all night into the park. Makes it just too easy to git stuff stolen.
Posted By: erdum

Re: lake lavon boat ramps............i want to fish late and collin closes - 08/06/15 01:12 PM

Makes sense. Thanks BigDave1.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum