Texas Fishing Forum

fish finder

Posted By: Jeff_W

fish finder - 08/02/15 03:09 PM

Whats a good fish finder for the front of the boat with structure scan that can be mounted to your trolling motor?
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: fish finder - 08/02/15 04:14 PM

I use the humminbird helix 5. I am going to replace with a helix 7 when they come out, should be this week. Also I used the transducer that come with it, side imaging and down imaging and have had no problems with interference.

later..don
Posted By: Hunt25-06fish

Re: fish finder - 08/02/15 04:51 PM

Only problem with the helix I have is that it's a stand alone unit so if you stumble onto something you may want to fish later on or have a pile marked on the console graph it's hard to find or stay on top of with the bow graph I have the 999at console and 859 at bow linked so no matter if I mark a waypoint at bow or console I can pull it up on either graph
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: fish finder - 08/02/15 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Hunt25-06fish
Only problem with the helix I have is that it's a stand alone unit so if you stumble onto something you may want to fish later on or have a pile marked on the console graph it's hard to find or stay on top of with the bow graph I have the 999at console and 859 at bow linked so no matter if I mark a waypoint at bow or console I can pull it up on either graph

You can do the same thing with the helix series even though they are a stand alone unit.

Simply find your structure at the on the console unit, mark a waypoint, toss out a buoy marker, get on the trolling motor and fire up the bow unit, head to your buoy marker and when you get to it and the structure shows on the bow unit simply mark another way point. Fishing this way will save you on ethernet cables ect...and you have waypoints saved on two units now and not just the one plus you will be more accurate on your coordinates at the bow.

The Helix 7 series is going to be a big hit....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum