Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork

Posted By: JavelinJ

Lake Fork - 07/30/15 05:49 PM

Hey Forkonians. I will be coming to the lake tomorrow afternon to meet with Slade to get my electronics tuned. Never been on the lake before as it is 3.5 hours east of me. Will probably be the only time I will ever get on this lake and will have a couple of hours to burn before I meet up with Slade.

Couple of questions. I am meeting him at the ramp across from the minnow bucket. I thought about putting in and fishing for an hour or two before he gets there. I know nothing about the lake. How stumpy is it there? Is a newb likely to yank the engine off the transom there? Should I troll only? Any decent crappie fishing spots with a few minutes boat ride?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork - 07/30/15 05:56 PM

I would think you are meeting Slade at the public ramp NEXT to the minnow bucket not ACROSS from the bucket. The public ramp is next to the a bridge start there or go to the opposite end of the bridge and hit those isolated cedar trees.
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Lake Fork - 07/30/15 05:59 PM

You may be right. I was looking atthe map and saw one right behind/beside/across from the minnow bucket and figured that was the one he was talking about. I better call him back.

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake Fork - 07/30/15 06:18 PM

PM sent to txfour
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum