Texas Fishing Forum

Hot water

Posted By: Jacob

Hot water - 07/29/15 12:38 AM

Water temp on all lakes in my area are in the 90's. Where do you look when fishing in a hot tub?
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Hot water - 07/29/15 01:03 AM

Along the river channel in the tops of underwater trees above the thermocline, then bridges, then back at the boathouse...
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Hot water - 07/29/15 02:08 AM

What Jig Man said here is right on, just wanted to add this time of year its a time of day thing. If you can go any time stay on a way, but if its always same time try them all. If you find them and know the water you have good read of what they do.
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Hot water - 07/29/15 02:57 AM

Jig Man is right. I been catching them on Naconiche in the trees by the creek channels, and the thermocline seems to be at 15' and I am catching them from 10 to 12 fow in 24 fow. The water temp has been in the low 90's. Bream are out there also.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Hot water - 07/29/15 03:16 AM

Wanna fish a hot tub come on out to Martin Creek. The fish are already cooked when you pull them out of the water. Just shake a little Tony's on em and they're ready. roflmao
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Hot water - 07/29/15 01:40 PM

Good right there thumb
Originally Posted By: Jig Man
Along the river channel in the tops of underwater trees above the thermocline, then bridges, then back at the boathouse...
Posted By: Larry Mosby

Re: Hot water - 07/31/15 08:09 PM

Naconiche is spring feed which has to help to some degree. It was rumored back in the 70's that it would be able to main a population of trout for all the springs that feed it including Tonkawa.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum