Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 11:26 AM

Had some gusty winds at times, but overall very fishable. I'll let the board picture tell the story. I believe we caught most of our fish in 16-20 FOW. Max was dangling a couple of Todd's baits and a old favorite of his tipped with minnow. I used home made hair jig and one of Lane's bait.

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 11:33 AM

We caught all of our fish off of brush I believe. I didn't check on the fish early enough, but
by 10am we lost 4 fish between 1.92lb. and 1.98lb. Costly mistake on my part, we couldn't duplicate
those fish by weigh-in time. Those fish are going on MY wall as a reminder.

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 11:41 AM

Met a couple new to me folks! Rockhopper for one!!! Folks, if you think you can't learn something
from fishing these Crappie Anglers of Texas tournaments your mistaken. Fish are different every time.
Figuring out the pattern is 90% of the game. Come fish one of the outings and you will see. Keep your ears opened
and you will become a better crappie fisherman!!
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 11:50 AM

Nice pics!! Congrats to all the participants!
Posted By: rockhopper

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 12:11 PM

Pleasure to meet you Bill! Thanks for your time taking all those photos and sorry to hear about you and Max not being able to weigh in your best ones. OUCH!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 12:12 PM

coolphotos Awesome post! cheers
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 01:53 PM

Looks like everyone enjoyed Palestine!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 02:29 PM

It was a HOT day out there and it was good seeing some folks I haven't seen in a long time and some new friends too. Fishing was terrible for Dub and I and the spot we wanted to fish on tourney day was inaccessible due to the wind. Oh well, on to Fork! Congrats to all of the winners. Those were some impressive weights for being such a tough bite lately.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 03:19 PM

WE had a good time! Thanks CAT! Little man was asking me when another crappie tournament was 2 weeks ago and I told him there was one on Palestine so he urged me to get in it! We were hanging out at the camp July 4th weekend and an old duck hunting buddy stopped by to tell me he was getting into crappie fishing and said we outta go out sometime so I suggested we fish the CAT Tourney and he agreed! We both prefished the lake a couple times and marked alot of stuff. I have always been able to catch numbers on Palestine but knew I wouldn't have weight for a tourney so this made me get off my normal milk run and go find new spots and big fish! If nothing else I picked up 15-20 new piles and about that many productive docks as well. We caught fish off Thermocline Mr and Super Fry's and Pappy's hand ties on Fork. Looking forward to Fork tourney, I've slacked for too many years on that lake fishing the same old same old. Still getting comfortable with my graph, but getting a little better each trip. Always wanted to fish cedar creek as well so that will be neat! Have shot some ducks there but never pitched a jig in that lake!

Thanks CAT! Langdon and I had a blast! Now if I can just get him to crappie fish more next time! He threw a brush hog most of the day, oh well! He's fishing! Heck one of my best crappie ever came out in front of Yarborough on Millwood on a brush hog. I'm just glad he loves fishing!!

Slew smile
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
WE had a good time! Thanks CAT! Little man was asking me when another crappie tournament was 2 weeks ago and I told him there was one on Palestine so he urged me to get in it! We were hanging out at the camp July 4th weekend and an old duck hunting buddy stopped by to tell me he was getting into crappie fishing and said we outta go out sometime so I suggested we fish the CAT Tourney and he agreed! We both prefished the lake a couple times and marked alot of stuff. I have always been able to catch numbers on Palestine but knew I wouldn't have weight for a tourney so this made me get off my normal milk run and go find new spots and big fish! If nothing else I picked up 15-20 new piles and about that many productive docks as well. We caught fish off Thermocline Mr and Super Fry's and Pappy's hand ties on Fork. Looking forward to Fork tourney, I've slacked for too many years on that lake fishing the same old same old. Still getting comfortable with my graph, but getting a little better each trip. Always wanted to fish cedar creek as well so that will be neat! Have shot some ducks there but never pitched a jig in that lake!

Thanks CAT! Langdon and I had a blast! Now if I can just get him to crappie fish more next time! He threw a brush hog most of the day, oh well! He's fishing! Heck one of my best crappie ever came out in front of Yarborough on Millwood on a brush hog. I'm just glad he loves fishing!!

Slew smile

His smile was priceless clap

It was a tough day for us, caught plenty of fish, but getting quality fish was a chore!!!
All our fish came off the new color, Pearl Ice.....A lot of guys said they caught some fish on the BES, but we couldn't noidea

Richie worked constantly to keep our fish alive in my small livewell. I just ordered a recirculating aerator system for my livewell - hope it helps on Fork!
I'll be testing it out as soon as it gets here hmmm

thumb up to all that fished in that heat......
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 05:49 PM

Grrrr Palestine is my nemisis. We disqualified ourselves as we forgot to wear our life jackets the first part of the day. I'm bad about the life jacket thingy.

We had 4 11" black crappie that swam away at the slip before trailering to weigh in. I wish Palestine wasn't so far away so I could go back and ruff her up as she's done me. We took'm over the bow all day being stubborn.

Congrats again everyone.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 05:53 PM

Good looking pictures Bill! I'm glad you like taking the camera around the world with you, it's good for telling stories. Was Palestine as windy as CC was on Saturday???
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/20/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

Slew smile

His smile was priceless clap

It was a tough day for us, caught plenty of fish, but getting quality fish was a chore!!!
All our fish came off the new color, Pearl Ice.....A lot of guys said they caught some fish on the BES, but we couldn't noidea

Richie worked constantly to keep our fish alive in my small livewell. I just ordered a recirculating aerator system for my livewell - hope it helps on Fork!
I'll be testing it out as soon as it gets here hmmm

thumb up to all that fished in that heat......

I could only get bit on the Super Fry - Black Emerald Shiner. (big bait) Believe me, I tried downsizing, change colors ect....It was just a tough day. We fished 20-25 ft timber and fish were stacked up but just didn't want to answer the door and dance.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 05:44 AM

congrats to all! good to start the young ones out early....the smile says it all!

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 09:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Guide Lane Palmer
Good looking pictures Bill! I'm glad you like taking the camera around the world with you, it's good for telling stories. Was Palestine as windy as CC was on Saturday???

Always have a camera Lane!!!! BTW.......I love that Don Kershner jig!!!! smile

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 09:46 AM

Don't forget to visit the "sites" if you go to Palestine!!!!!

Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 10:24 AM

Nice report. Congrats to all. What is the story with that collapsed house? Was the poker game there the night before? cheers
Posted By: Laner

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 12:06 PM

HAHA! You got me on that one Bill!
Posted By: rkd

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 02:02 PM

The house is at Eagles Bluff and the erosion wiped out the road first then the house. Lots of very nice homes built into the side of that bluff and developer probably didn't do their homework. I imagine there will be more than one home looking like this in the very near future. The docks along that shoreline are worried about land slides.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 02:59 PM

Hard to believe that house didn't have a huge kitchen fire before it got too far outta hand. I bet that guy up on the hill is nervous! Dang. On a side note the lots on either side are probably the cheapest waterfront lots around!! scared
Posted By: Bigskippy

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 06:43 PM

We managed to get 4th in D2 which was good enough to qualify us for the TSCC but not good enough to cash a check lol

We caught all our fish between 12-18 FOW on Thermocline Lures Black Emerald Shiner. We noticed some dead shad on the ramp a week before last and they looked a similar color to this B.E.S jig so that's what we used and what we caught them on. Last year, they wanted the summer grasshopper color and the east texas killer color but this year they definitely wanted that black emerald shiner color.

It was a hot but it was a fun time! See y'all at Cedar Creek!
Posted By: donothin

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 09:28 PM

Looks to me like of of those crazy, wild bass fisherman lost control of his macho machine and ran ashore.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Lake Palestine was HOT-CAT Tourney - 07/21/15 10:21 PM

Nice pics!! Congrats to all the participants!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum