Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine's was stingy!

Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 08:13 PM

Well I just finished my last trip of the week and it was tough! I guess the heat has finally set in making for a long hot day. The most consistent bite I could find was on deep brush. We caught a few big fish off standing timber in 23-27' of water but no numbers of fish. I'm sure these CAT tourny guys have them all figured out and if so good for them! I'll be out this next week patrolling some new stuff looking for that mother load of fish. The best baits this week were Pepops grape limeaid and tequila sunset. We also caught some nice fish on Tbox's emerald shiner Mr fry's
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 08:29 PM

I'm sure once you do your homework, you'll be pulling limits left and right!

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 09:32 PM

Sure hope so bud. I'll do my best to find you that 3 pounder.
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 10:09 PM

Saw you out there this morning, Jason. I was driving the red triton that Roachie was yelling at you from!

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 10:13 PM

I thought I recognized Roachie. I guess you got your motor fixed? I sure hope y'all did better than we did today.

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 10:14 PM

We did manage to pull a few off of his dock by the way! Lol!!

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/17/15 10:55 PM

Didn't have any problems with it today. We came in with 14 keepers off docks. I lost a BIG one in the deep timber. Roachie will never let me live it down.
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob
Didn't have any problems with it today. We came in with 14 keepers off docks. I lost a BIG one in the deep timber. Roachie will never let me live it down.

Jacob, you fishing the CAT tourney?

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Originally Posted By: Jacob

Jacob, you fishing the CAT tourney?

No, I'm not good enough or rich enough yet!
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 02:04 AM

How big was that fish Jacob?

Probably the biggest you have ever/almost caught!

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
How big was that fish Jacob?

Probably the biggest you have ever/almost caught!

It made that buoy it was hung on look like a cork!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 05:34 AM

I got a report a while ago and you CAT guys might do well to have a few minners on board. There are some concentrations out there, my source caught 28 and he had a few of these

They weren't very deep either. Good Luck to all fishing CAT! Be aware the heat index will be 105+ before it's done. See ya'll at the weigh-in.

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 11:03 AM

Vern, I figured minnows might play a key when I saw several of those guys buying 12 dozen yesterday. Are you going to go to the weigh in today?
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 01:26 PM

I do know that pepops tequila sunset in 1/16 was working about as good as any other jig tried yesterday. After I got home from my trip, I thought maybe I was a bit stingy with my jigs. I had 3 of those left and absolutely would not let them out of my sight. frkazoid

We had a good time and finally was able to learn to properly shoot docks. The bite was tough out there on jigs and maybe minnows were the key but I really like jig fishing. Me, dad and my 9 year old daughter went with Jason and he was working hard to put us on fish but the fish did not want to cooperate very well. I did make it home with 1 of my tequila sunsets but I better get on the ball and get some more ordered.

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 01:37 PM

Bo,
I really enjoyed the trip. I hope those fish fryed up good. I told Vern you were gonna need more of those tequila sunset's. He said he's already got you some tied up. I'll look forward to seeing y'all again. Ps. I was very impressed with your daughters drive to fish. You've done an excellent job getting her out there. I'm sure y'all will enjoy many years of fishing together!
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/18/15 06:18 PM

I went Wednesday and slimy catfish were in my usual crappie holes .... one was a monster and never even knew he was hooked .... caught several small crappie under the bridge, but the keepers came from the stumps.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/19/15 01:31 AM

Yep it stung me today.....

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/19/15 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

What kind of boat were you fishing in?
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/19/15 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

What kind of boat were you fishing in?

A Lund

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/20/15 01:13 AM

I told you (or your partner) that fish was too small.

Y'all listen well.

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/20/15 02:51 AM

Went out this afternoon. Caught some toads but still no numbers. Deep brush was still the deal for me.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/20/15 04:57 PM

Wonder if the bridges are producing any slabs in this HEAT hmmm
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Palestine's was stingy! - 07/20/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
Wonder if the bridges are producing any slabs in this HEAT hmmm

That would be a NO. Well at least last Saturday that was the case. I scanned a ton and only a few pilings were holding any fish. Most were pretty void.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum