Texas Fishing Forum

Belton!!!

Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Belton!!! - 07/08/15 11:50 PM

Anyone having any luck on Belton? I can find the fish but their tite lipped! only ramp open my last visit was Franks marina.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 01:23 AM

I don't want to hijack this post but I would like to know also. Is Cedar Ridge's launch open?
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 02:13 AM

My guess is they're letting out water. If so, fishing will be tough. They get lock-jaw when water is dropping.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 02:34 AM

No ramps open except by the dam. Water dropping about 6" a day.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Rayzor
I don't want to hijack this post but I would like to know also. Is Cedar Ridge's launch open?

no, its not open yet. Possibly around the end of the month or next month depending on cleanup
Posted By: kyle210

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 12:19 PM

Frank's marina is suppose to be open
Posted By: Don G

Re: Belton!!! - 07/09/15 12:44 PM

Hate to be the barer of bad news but Belton has more water headed its way. With yesterdays down pour Lake Leon is 5.21' above the mushroom and rising; Proctor has come up an additional 3.82' in 24 hours and rising. At this rate it will be Fall before Proctor opens again.
Posted By: rsmith

Re: Belton!!! - 07/12/15 06:22 AM

franks is open now
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Belton!!! - 07/12/15 08:43 PM

Yeah I guess franks is the only ramp open at the moment.
Posted By: Texashorseman

Re: Belton!!! - 07/12/15 11:33 PM

I was just at Belton this weekend (over at BLORA).....There is a ramp open somewhere there because our group had 3 boats on the water (I did not take one and did not ask where they were launching). I did not even get into a boat...they were only running jug lines and hauling kids around....they did manage to get a couple of small ones on the jug lines and one 13 lb'er. They lost 3 jug lines some how (so if you see one floating around it probably has a nice one on it). One of the snap swivels (the big ones) was straightened completely out. Three of us fished strictly from the bank (and we moved all over the place). Only managed to get 2 fish all weekend. Fished late Friday night till it got dark and nothing. Up before sun up Sat and caught one just as the sun cracked (eating size), brother caught one about an hour later (same size) and kept fishing till almost dark. Was whooped after that and just got up and came home today early. I was fishing shad, dough bait and punch bait all at the same time. Everyone else fishing shad..Jug lines were baited with shad in 15-20' of water close to deep water drop off's. Water is dropping about 6 inches or maybe even a little more a day looking at the markers we watched. One good note for the bass fisherman. Throwing a cast net for shad, we were catching lots of small bass all the time (turned them loose of course). What we thought was a small group of shad turned out to be bass fry. Got about 10 on one netting......Next year or the year after barring any problems with the lake, bass fishing should be gang busters.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum