Texas Fishing Forum

ray roberts and aquilla

Posted By: shadrap

ray roberts and aquilla - 07/06/15 11:53 PM

can you launch a bass boat on ray Roberts? also how is lake aquilla? I know the water is close to normal. is the water clear? I guess I mean as opposed to muddy. I normally fish for crappie at Benbrook but have not had any luck lately. it is still up around 9 or 10 ft. still hard to find old fishing spots and the fish seemed to be scattered. I live in crowley so I would like to go somewhere relatively close till Benbrook gets back to normal.
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/07/15 02:11 AM

You can launch at marina. Water clarity is really good. Fish are spread out but I was able to catch quite a few crappie Friday. I used minnows all day. Good luck!!

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/07/15 04:35 PM

thanks Cody. I guess the marina has minnows and the price is the same as the other places in sanger?
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/07/15 04:37 PM

Marina does not have minnows to my knowlwdge! You'll need to take out a small loan to buy these expensive minnows around this lake! Every minnow you buy is a quarter!!!!(literally) Think of it that way haha!
Posted By: Hunt25-06fish

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/07/15 10:38 PM

Stop in at happy hookers on 455 cheapest bait around and they hook it up everytime I buy 3 dozen minnows I end up dumping about 6 dozen+ out after a long day on the water and I'm not being stingy with them either!
Posted By: rusty hurt1979

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/08/15 03:00 PM

Is benbrook open? Would it be possible to launch pontoon boat?

Re: ray roberts and aquilla - 07/08/15 04:45 PM

you can launch at Benbrook marina
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum