Texas Fishing Forum

Going east this weekend

Posted By: Esnow74

Going east this weekend - 07/02/15 01:24 AM

Going to dad's this weekend, he lives on Tawakoni. He only crappie fishes if I drag him out to do it but our last trip his boat had power failure and he hasn't touched it. We rolled into our favorite spring spot and lost all power so never got to fish. I'm taking my 2 man with me so we can fish somewhere. I know I can access the 276 bridge easily in it but any other spots I can get to that might work? I am open to any suggestions for Tawakoni, Cooper or Fork but remember it needs to be close to a place I can dump the 2 man in. I normally fish waxahachie since it is close to home but I want to try with dad to get on some crappie. We have only fished crappie in Tawakoni in the spring so I'm thinking the 276 bridge might work for summer. at Cooper I can probably put in at johns creek if open and fish timber in the area but not sure what my options would be for Fork. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Posted By: keyboard

Re: Going east this weekend - 07/02/15 03:10 AM

Watch the winds. Tawakoi can be a beast of it gets up. Small boat big winds don't mix well there.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Going east this weekend - 07/03/15 03:51 AM

I'm very familiar with Tawakoni and know of places to try that are protected from recreational boaters and big wind waves. We have fished it for almost 20 years but not for crappie at least not outside the spawn. That lake can be a beast in my dads boat but he doesn't fish much and boat needs repaired. When he moved there we went from largemouth to sandies and hybrids. He finally said why work all day looking for a bite when I can usually go catch a limit in a short amount of time? He had a point but as we see each other a little less, I have decided to try to catch crappie all year instead of just the spawn but I'm too chep to own a large boat so I got the 2 man. The wind is why I was asking about any lakes and visible structure that I can access with the 2 man. He did tell me there is a noodling tournament this weekend there but I don't want to be eaten by a big blue. OMG
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: Going east this weekend - 07/03/15 02:35 PM

Good luck
Posted By: Rockdodger00

Re: Going east this weekend - 07/03/15 07:36 PM

Roll a sheet up to take along. You just may need to sail back to the launch if the weather kicks up. Ha! Just funnin' Good luck & happy fourth.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum