Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma - Vortex

Posted By: CRAPPIEJIGN

Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/25/15 07:16 PM

Noticed this video on Facebook this afternoon. I expect others have seen it as well. I thought I would share the video with you. I don't know if Texoma is open to boat traffic, if so, please be careful.

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/...wx_videowal_lin
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/25/15 07:18 PM

Wow!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/26/15 05:18 PM

I sure miss fishing Texoma. Bummer to have lost that lake for the year.
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/26/15 05:29 PM

OMG
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/26/15 08:38 PM

Jiggin El would be paddling like no other. roflmao
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Lake Texoma - Vortex - 06/27/15 01:46 PM

As of 8 am this morning the lake is at 642.07' which is 2.07' above the spillway. Normal level is 617' so we are 25' above normal right now. Lake is receding 8" per day. So, we will not get back to normal for several weeks, at least. Right now, there are no ramps open and won't be for a long time. Unless you want to float, paddle or canoe, you won't be using Texoma this summer.
I guess the good news it that there is no pressure on the crappie which hopefully translates to a super fall for us crappie guys.
I do know they re-opened the Roosevelt Bridge this week so you can at least get across the lake. The bad news is the north dyke failed and flooded the old oil field and a couple of hundred barrels of oil escaped. They won't be able to repair the dyke until the lake falls several feet and they they pump the water back into the lake.
All in all, Tropical Storm Bill pretty much ruined Texoma for crappie fishing for the summer, at least.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum