Texas Fishing Forum

electronics

Posted By: crb798

electronics - 06/04/15 12:47 AM

Need some input on humminbird 899ci versus Lowrance hds7. I'm looking to upgrade. Just want some pros and cons...I'm not real savy on electronics but wanting to add another tool to the arsenal. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 01:50 AM

They both do the same things...

Humminbird = 1 transducer

Lowrance = 2 transducers

Retail price - Humminbird 899ci HD SI combo will be $100 bucks less but Lowrance Gen2 7 Touch Bundle has a $200 rebate until July 5th.

I can go into more detail here but I would offend some folks so give me a call if you like. I would be happy to visit with you direct or shoot me a PM....

David @ shut-up-and-fish
972 822 9285
Posted By: Jacob

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 03:01 AM

I will be glad to lake test it with you when you get it installed! grin
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 05:09 AM

I'm with Jacob roflmao
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 05:15 AM

I personally have a lowrance unit, but I also know people who have humminbirds and do just fine. my dad and I just liked the lowrance better when we compared the two units. It's just like ford vs Chevy. They will both work fine.
Posted By: Fullofit

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 09:28 AM

I bought that exact Hummingbird unit earlier this year. The only problem is that I've only used it for a few hours this year because of this stupid weather. I plan to hit Cedar Creek Saturday. It would be awesome to find someone that is familiar with this unit to help me dial it in. Even better if they could show me a few spots to catch crappie or sand bass so I could see what they look like on the sonar (a few in the cooler wouldn't be bad either).
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 02:00 PM

crb798, Do you have a bird or lowrance on right now? If there is a way to link your current FF up to the new one, I'd go with that brand. If not, you get to choose which one you like better.
Posted By: crb798

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 08:49 PM

Thanks guys..appreciate the input..and ya fullofit I'm gonna need someone that has one dialed in to me out also..lol. I think I'm gonna go with the bird
Posted By: MrYby

Re: electronics - 06/04/15 09:04 PM

I went with Garmin and happy I did.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum