Texas Fishing Forum

Show Me Your Crappie Lights

Posted By: JavelinJ

Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/02/15 10:01 PM

I bought two - 16' rolls of green LED's to put on the side of the boat. Those that have them, show me you pics and install.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 05:00 AM

OK so it`s probably not what you were anticipating but it gets results.
Posted By: GhostRider32

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: txfour
I bought two - 16' rolls of green LED's to put on the side of the boat. Those that have them, show me you pics and install.

Where did you order your lights from? I'm seeing some on ebay and amazon I'm just curious which ones you bought.

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: GhostRider32
Originally Posted By: txfour

Where did you order your lights from? I'm seeing some on ebay and amazon I'm just curious which ones you bought.

I ordered mine off of Amazon. I think they were $16 for the set.

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
OK so it`s probably not what you were anticipating but it gets results.

Nice! Only a real man can keep his boat in the house!

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 01:07 PM

Im curious how I am going to wire these in. If I run them where I wan t, then the power wire will be running over the side of the boat and that will look trashy. Trying to figure out how to do a clean install.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 02:04 PM

looking into DIY myself. I'd say depending on where your wires need to be, you may have to drill into your boat

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: TreeBass
you may have to drill into your boat

I'm hoping to avoid that at all cost.
Posted By: GhostRider32

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 03:09 PM

I used to be into rc airplanes and most of the battery packs I used I would solder little quick disconnect plugs on them since we would have to change them out after a flight on the electric planes. I haven't seen how these hook up yet but it would seem that a similar small plug/connector would work, that way I could run the lights on my boat and use the connectors on both ends of a 3 foot cable. One to the battery and on the other end one to the lights. A quick easy connection that doesn't require drilling.

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 03:23 PM

Here are the ones I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/Meter-Waterproof-F...rds=LSA-35300-G
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 05:20 PM

I have put LED's on as my navigation lights and had to drill a small hold under the rub rail in my bass boat. I also helped a buddy do his pontoon and he chose to have them over the side, but the battery is on the outside as well, so there was no drilling.

What kind of boat do you want to install these on? This might help determine what your options are.

Here is what mine look like.

Posted By: Fin&Feather

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 06:34 PM

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 06:41 PM

Hey Bogey and F&F those are looking sharp!

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 07:02 PM

thank you fishbonz, they were easy and cheap - kinda like me eeksgrin

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 08:11 PM

Bogey, I have a set just like yours I need to install and a set like Fin&Feather's. I ordered them at the same time and have them here.

Problem is, I can remove the rub rail without taking off structural pieces that are riveted on. I dont want to mount the nav lights to the rub rail as they will only get crushed ruined.

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 08:20 PM

This is what Im working with.

Posted By: Thump My Jig

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 09:14 PM

Run em right under that lip. That's where I installed mine and you dont even know they are there. [img:center]http://[/img [img:center][/img] ] [img:center]

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 09:31 PM

I see. That might be a challenge. I don't know if you want to pop those rivits off and then try and re-install them eeks. They will fit under the rub rail and that is what I am going to do with more lights (green) for crappie night fishing. The backing (if they came with backing) is okay at best. I'm guessing lots of silicon.

I just did a little reading and it looks like you'd have to drill out the rivits in order to get that dude off. I don't think that it'd be that big of a deal, but don't know for sure. You might see if anyone has had success going this route.

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 09:39 PM

Dont rely on the adhesive backing alone. I used 3M marine adhesive that comes in the tube. Run it along the area under the rub rail as you pull the tape off the lights. I used painters tape to hold them in place. Once they are set, go back and run a bead of the 3M on the top and bottom edge of the light strip and tada! Done!

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Thump My Jig
Dont rely on the adhesive backing alone. I used 3M marine adhesive that comes in the tube. Run it along the area under the rub rail as you pull the tape off the lights. I used painters tape to hold them in place. Once they are set, go back and run a bead of the 3M on the top and bottom edge of the light strip and tada! Done!

Did you drill in your boat to get the power wires in or run them over the top? Pics?

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/03/15 09:54 PM

I dont have any daylight pictures, but if you look at the pic of my boat, I ran the wire connections under the plate that house the red light towards the front. Did the same on the other side with the green light housing.

For yours, I might try to do something on the back, maybe out the transom under that Tracker panel on the back left corner, then straight up under the rub rail towards the front. Just a thought.
Posted By: MudCat'83

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/10/15 10:18 AM

Love em! I use them for flounder gigging and running jug lines.
Posted By: Southtexasduckman

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/10/15 05:09 PM

Getting ready for an all night crappie bash!
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/13/15 10:48 PM

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...674370406502926[/img]

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...248530113436252[/img]
Posted By: cleve

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/13/15 10:54 PM

Oh heck yea! cheers
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/14/15 10:08 PM

[img]http://s5.photobucket.com/user/kickingbac/media/Fishing/IMG_0786.jpg.html?sort=3&o=13[/img]
Posted By: cleve

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/15/15 04:00 AM

thumb Nice rigs guys
Posted By: crappielitist

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/15/15 10:28 PM

I added leds to my daughter's kayak and mine, I purchased them through amazon, and just trying to warn you of two brands which are total [censored], autolizer and Xtech4u, they were waterproof and i attached above the water and still they only worked for about a month, a few work but a few dont. After all my hard work, wiring, soddering, shrink tubing, and i have to replace them, do yall have any suggestions for a decent brand, Nova lights cost way too much, you could diy and save hundreds, only if i could a qualty led corp. Any suggestions?
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Show Me Your Crappie Lights - 06/15/15 11:04 PM

got mine off Ebay there 50/50
Originally Posted By: crappielitist
I added leds to my daughter's kayak and mine, I purchased them through amazon, and just trying to warn you of two brands which are total [censored], autolizer and Xtech4u, they were waterproof and i attached above the water and still they only worked for about a month, a few work but a few dont. After all my hard work, wiring, soddering, shrink tubing, and i have to replace them, do yall have any suggestions for a decent brand, Nova lights cost way too much, you could diy and save hundreds, only if i could a qualty led corp. Any suggestions?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum