Texas Fishing Forum

RC was not kind on Monday

Posted By: SLABXPRESS

RC was not kind on Monday - 05/26/15 09:43 PM

Got a late start(about 8-8:30am) and quit around 12:30-1 before the storms hit. Wind kept me on south side of main lake. Fished mostly brush piles. Some old reliables, some new ones. Grinded out 6 keepers and a hand full of dinks. Bite was almost nonexistent. Had to just put it in front of their nose and leave it. Jet Flees and idiot tubers didn't help. Tough fishin to say the least. Quite a contrast to CC last Saturday.
On a positive note, I did make a couple of successful tweeks to my HDS units. wink

Lake was about a foot high when I put in.
After I got home and the storms pushed thru, a friend that lives on the lake sent this pic:
eek2
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: RC was not kind on Monday - 05/26/15 11:08 PM

Dang!
eek2
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: RC was not kind on Monday - 05/27/15 02:33 AM

Judging by all of the long range weather forecast it is going to be a very WET 2015! hmmm
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: RC was not kind on Monday - 05/27/15 09:44 AM

Eric...that is getting to look like any lake in Texas this year!!!!!! What a year!!!!
Posted By: karpbuster

Re: RC was not kind on Monday - 05/27/15 08:30 PM

Someone was telling me that when the water comes up some people have to worry about their boats getting crushed against the roof of their boat house. never thought of that.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: RC was not kind on Monday - 05/27/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: karpbuster
Someone was telling me that when the water comes up some people have to worry about their boats getting crushed against the roof of their boat house. never thought of that.

I've seen boats and jet skis floating across Lake Cypress Springs from weekenders that only raised their boats up enough to get them out of the water, then big rains come and they float out and away.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum