Texas Fishing Forum

Going on a "TEST" run

Posted By: tboxfish

Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 04:02 PM

We installed the new 24v 80lb 45" shaft Ulterra yesterday cheers
I say we, I couldn't have done it without Belinda's help - Honest Injun.
She did the difficult chore of attaching the washers & nuts underneath the bow.

Here's a picture of my boat with the existing trolling motor removed

Here's 1 with the new TM installed

I mainly wanted to auto deploy/retract function, but after reading the Owners manual, it has a lot of other functions that may be very useful thumb

I wanted to hit the water as soon as it was installed, but just wasn't physically able.....Going in a bit
I'll post some results later for those that have been considering getting this model thumb
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 04:34 PM

I don't know about the new trolling motor but I LOVE the steps and handrail on your boat trailer!!!! flehan
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 06:00 PM

Looks great!!
Good thing Belinda has long slender arms. That can be tough getting all those washers/nuts in there.
Should be great!! Now you can fish from dawn til dusk. Getchu some!

Posted By: crope1

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 08:23 PM

you can set up house on them now....
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 09:55 PM

Looks good bud. Let me know how you like it.
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: REDGUN
I don't know about the new trolling motor but I LOVE the steps and handrail on your boat trailer!!!! flehan
Posted By: Blue Blazer 2400

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/26/15 11:56 PM

Let us know how you like it. Lets here how accurate it will hold in the anchor mode. I want one
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 11:58 AM

Man have some mercey or those little crappie.Oh I want to go. roflmao flehan
Posted By: JavelinJ

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: stratos
Let us know how you like it. Lets here how accurate it will hold in the anchor mode. I want one

I want one of these so bad. I fished with a TFF guide a few weeks back. He had one and it was so awesome. Holds you withing a 5' area.

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 01:38 PM

It works like a CHARM!
I love the auto deploy/retract function the best banana

The foot control has 2 modes -
Ulterra Mode - uses the foot/heel for steering and the button for on/off, was very easy to adapt to the QUICK electric steering.
Standard Mode - uses 3 buttons at the bottom of the foot control. I really liked it... I took off my sandals and was running the trolling motor with my big toe!
The remote control was very easy to use also.

The "Spot Lock" will keep you on large bp's and laydowns, but for small precise areas, I found that it's the best to just use the trolling motor so far. A great use of this feature is being able to hit the "Spot Lock" button and forget about staying in the area while you weigh/measure fish or retie/change baits.

You can hear the steering motor turn the trolling motor, but it's doesn't scare fish, I'll post that in another post, but you cannot hear the actual motor turning the prop till you get the power up to over 6!

I couldn't tell any difference using the Universal Sonar transducer that's built into the TM hooked up to my Lowrance!

If you have a bad back, this trolling motor is a good investment!!!
Posted By: papamark

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 01:42 PM

so now you are going to launch the boat, deploy the trolling motor and have it come back to you

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: papamark
so now you are going to launch the boat, deploy the trolling motor and have it come back to you

I would absolutely trust it to do so, but as I'm NEVER alone, there's no need....except maybe to show off roflmao
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish

I would absolutely trust it to do so, but as I'm NEVER alone, there's no need....except maybe to show off roflmao

Be sure and get a video of that... that would be cool! cool
Awesome setup.

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 02:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TexExp

Be sure and get a video of that... that would be cool! cool
Awesome setup.

I took a small video showing the TM retracting, but that's a good idea1
Posted By: papamark

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 02:47 PM

Show OFF !!!!
Posted By: SlabSeeker

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 03:48 PM

My question is, where did you buy it from? Everywhere I have looked doesn't seem to have any in stock.

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 04:24 PM

David Goodson - Shut Up & Fish. He's my GO-TO guy for boating needs!

Shut Up And Fish

Send him a PM for anything not listed on his site.
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 04:25 PM

Judging from all the past slab fests you go on, being able to camp out right on top of the fish is just not fair. Those poor fish don't stand a chance. Look for lowering lake levels wherever tboxfish decides to go. That is an awesome TM and love seeing all the slab slaying but it does make me rather jealous.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Going on a "TEST" run - 05/27/15 07:42 PM

It works like a CHARM!
I love the auto deploy/retract function the best banana

The foot control has 2 modes -
Ulterra Mode - uses the foot/heel for steering and the button for on/off, was very easy to adapt to the QUICK electric steering.
Standard Mode - uses 3 buttons at the bottom of the foot control. I really liked it... I took off my sandals and was running the trolling motor with my big toe!
The remote control was very easy to use also.

The "Spot Lock" will keep you on large bp's and laydowns, but for small precise areas, I found that it's the best to just use the trolling motor so far. A great use of this feature is being able to hit the "Spot Lock" button and forget about staying in the area while you weigh/measure fish or retie/change baits.

You can hear the steering motor turn the trolling motor, but it's doesn't scare fish, I'll post that in another post, but you cannot hear the actual motor turning the prop till you get the power up to over 6!

I couldn't tell any difference using the Universal Sonar transducer that's built into the TM hooked up to my Lowrance!

If you have a bad back, this trolling motor is a good investment!!!

David @ shut-up-and-fish
972 822 9285
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum