Texas Fishing Forum

decided to give Granger a try today

Posted By: byerscrappie2

decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 02:13 AM

I have been fishing Waco pretty hard lately so today I decided to go give Granger a try. The lake was perfect just a slight wind blowing. Caught 43 fish but only 4 keeps. I will say tho the small fish at granger sure thump the jig.the last few weeks at Waco the fish have been just sitting on it. But today I got to feel them thump it. Did catch one very nice lake Granger crappie.. 1.57lbs
Posted By: crope1

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 04:33 AM

hey Brax,did they get a lot of rain on Granger? nice slab there.thx for the report.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 04:47 AM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: Mike Ryan

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 07:42 AM

Nice fish, pretty lady too. That photo might be TFF Cover worthy.
Posted By: byerscrappie2

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 10:04 AM

Yes granger is full. I'm sure its above normal. I know it got hit about 7:30 pm yesterday and again around 2:00am this morning
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 02:51 PM

+1
Originally Posted By: byerscrappie2
Yes granger is full. I'm sure its above normal. I know it got hit about 7:30 pm yesterday and again around 2:00am this morning
thumb
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/21/15 10:23 PM

nice fish...
Posted By: DaveB

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/22/15 09:01 PM

Granger is 3 feet over pool and the Coe is dumping a lot of water but not gaining to lower the level with all of the new water coming into the lake. Level is going to climb over the Memorial day weekend with the rain that is expected to produce 4 to 5 inch of new precipitation. Be safe if you choose to fish Granger will be a lot of submerged hazards on the lake. If you choose to fish Granger then please clean your boat prior to launching on the mudhole, (aka Granger) if you fish Belton or Waco in the CENTEX area. Don't want Zebra Mussels in our lake or any other CENTEX lakes.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/22/15 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: DaveB
Granger is 3 feet over pool and the Coe is dumping a lot of water but not gaining to lower the level with all of the new water coming into the lake. Level is going to climb over the Memorial day weekend with the rain that is expected to produce 4 to 5 inch of new precipitation. Be safe if you choose to fish Granger will be a lot of submerged hazards on the lake. If you choose to fish Granger then please clean your boat prior to launching on the mudhole, (aka Granger) if you fish Belton or Waco in the CENTEX area. Don't want Zebra Mussels in our lake or any other CENTEX lakes.

Mine is covered in cobwebs, does that count? roflmao

Thanks for the update
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/23/15 12:28 PM

Interesting comment about ZMs. Where do they go now? Texomas dumping water and will be into the Red River. Waco dumping into the Brazos, Ray Roberts to Lewisville,etc. Belton has water seeping into the Leon. YEP....no time at all, they will be everywhere. Do the egrets wash their feet when they fly from one water way to the next? It is a nice attempt by state agencies.....but I think is to no avail. Just MHO.
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: decided to give Granger a try today - 05/24/15 05:17 PM

I think you guys are right. It is just a matter of time before the Zm's are in all our lakes.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum