Texas Fishing Forum

Water, water, water!!!!

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Water, water, water!!!! - 05/15/15 02:02 PM

Well it looks like SOME rain for the rest of the week. My home lake(Belton) is still very low, but with Proctor nearing normal pool I'm sure they will open gates that feed the Leon R. into Belton. Hoping to fish water that has been dry ground for years!!!! Further north, seems most of the Trinity R. basin has seen far more water than needed. Maybe you guys got the ol' "be careful what you pray for" thang!!!! Sure is a big difference from 2 months ago!!! Still....that Colorado R. basin thing is in need!!!!!!

Looks like most of us will have some "down time" from fishing for awhile!!!!
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/15/15 02:25 PM

Grapevine
+10.63

I guess the carp are swimming around the park benches again.

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/15/15 03:19 PM

....came in from Okieland Wednesday and noticed all the debris in the median. Seems the water was rushing across H35 in that area. Apparently it had taken out some fence. There was a cow in the median!!! eeks
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/15/15 04:57 PM

Hopefully the lakes and rivers can stay full for awhile. This wet winter and spring has really helped. thumb

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/15/15 05:00 PM

How is the water down your way Chuck?

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/16/15 02:40 PM

More rain expected later in the day today. Some possibly heavy. Though some lakes appear to be leveling out, things could change again by tomorrow!

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/16/15 02:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
How is the water down your way Chuck?

Canyon has risen and is about 5' low which is good for that lake. All of the area creeks,ponds,and rivers are in excellent condition. Choke Canyon is still low but has risen during the past two weeks. Amistad and Falcon are still low but have also benefited from the recent rains. Looking at the 10 day forecast there is a chance of rain all ten days. thumb

Side Note. As for Medina Lake and Travis Lake it will take a hurricane to help those lakes out. taz
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 11:35 AM

Banger, Texoma is now at 633.23 as of 5 am this morning. Normal pool is 617. So we are already 16+' above normal and still rising. Plus, we got hit pretty good again last night so it should keep rising for awhile. Pretty awesome seeing your home lake 16' above where you've even seen it before. Bad news is there is a lot of big trees and dangerous logs floating everywhere and some ramps are closed. I haven't launched my boat since all this started but, hope to real soon.
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 01:09 PM

We just got an inch in 20 min creek is already out and still pourin.Workin my heifers noticed they are getting webbed hooves.ha top that.Darrell
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 01:12 PM

Darrell, that ain't nothin, I had a big crappie drown in my driveway this morning!
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 01:23 PM

Dang it you win.

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 05:06 PM

Crazy....CRAZY!!!! Rain again!!! Good news for my home lake(Belton)....upstream Proctor is full and rising. If they start releasing water say tomorrow...it is good news for us!!! Once again....the weather was not completely discriminate! Look at the lakes that didn't need anymore water!!!!!! All I can say is there is going to be a lot of fresh water going into the gulf!! eeks
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 05:38 PM

Where is O H Ivie?

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/17/15 05:52 PM

13.1%Full 1,506.21Current -45.29Low

In need!!!!

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/18/15 11:54 AM

Checking the seven day forecast we are going to have yet another "Major Rain Event" starting Sunday and going on through Tuesday. Estimated rainfall is anything from 2 to 5 inches of rain. hmmm

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/18/15 05:40 PM

Looks like they are cutting the gates down on RC. Maybe good news for Keith and folks fishing Bardwell!!! Still, some of those Yankee lakes(Gvine, Lavon, etc.) stir are really high!! Maybe Chuck can put you on some fish on Cedar Creek!!! Belton rising slowly, but no release from Proctor yet with Proctor gaining over 3 FOW in a day and nearly 3 FOW coming in. Stillhouse and GTown not getting much relief. CRB lakes are 911 lakes....desperately needing water!!! As stated........ supposedly more rain coming this weekend!
Posted By: Don G

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/19/15 12:29 PM

Not sure what time the release started at Proctor but as of 5:30am they were releasing 11 CFS. Not a lot but hopefully enough to keep from totally flooding the ramps and camp sites.

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/19/15 09:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Don G
Not sure what time the release started at Proctor but as of 5:30am they were releasing 11 CFS. Not a lot but hopefully enough to keep from totally flooding the ramps and camp sites.

Must have been testing the gates Don........they are opened now!!!
Posted By: D. Mac

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/20/15 12:11 AM

Colorado Basin lakes really need some good amount of water
Posted By: big10

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/20/15 12:40 PM

Proctor now releasing just under 1800 cfs! Things are finally looking up for Belton.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/20/15 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: big10
Proctor now releasing just under 1800 cfs! Things are finally looking up for Belton.

yes they are! Time to hit the lake fish

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/22/15 01:17 PM

Here is this mornings readings with areas getting more rain as I type. Texoma is getting more water!!!!!!! Several lakes, Cedar Creek one, continue to dump water with more runoff coming in then is going out. Some CRB lakes getting water and sure could use a lot more!! Richland Chambers still over pool leaving Navarro Mills and Bardwell flooded. Belton still rising, but slowing. Metro Mess lakes well over pool. Stay safe this weekend and watch for debris. Good weekend to stay home and cookout with the family!!! Weather man is calling for some areas to get heavy rain this weekend........hope it is where it is needed!!!

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/22/15 02:30 PM

To all that PM me:

http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/cgi-bin/rcshtml.pl?page=Reports&report=fish

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/23/15 04:09 AM

Forecast says 3 to 5 inches of RAIN this Saturday and Sunday! Canyon Lake is almost full and should fill up after this weekend. You all stay safe out there. thumb

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/23/15 10:12 AM

Interesting comparison!!! The dotted line is normal pool.

Sunday AM

Maybe dry out a little this week! Hang on to your hats and stay safe this weekend!!!

Re: Water, water, water!!!! - 05/27/15 10:00 AM

17 Day comparison!

Thanks for all the PMs!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum