Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Mineral Wells State Park

Posted By: diggerwolf

Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/13/15 05:52 PM

May be going there next weekend and I understand it is a good crappie lake. I usually fish for sand bass & hybrids in Dallas area lakes so any hints, tips, recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/13/15 07:57 PM

The Lake is over pool and not sure if the ramp is usable. I'd call the office and ask before you go.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/13/15 09:11 PM

It is a good crappie lake
They liked orange/chartreuse the two trips I made this spring...
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/13/15 10:33 PM

The Mineral Wells State park has a new rule for boaters. When parking after putting your boat in the water you must disconnect the trailer and park it next to your vehicle. This is so your don't block the parking lot. Now it is not crowded during the week so this may not apply Monday thru Thursday.
Posted By: G-Money Monster

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/14/15 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
The Mineral Wells State park has a new rule for boaters. When parking after putting your boat in the water you must disconnect the trailer and park it next to your vehicle. This is so your don't block the parking lot. Now it is not crowded during the week so this may not apply Monday thru Thursday.

hmmm Seriously?
Posted By: cellis

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/15/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: G-Money Monster
Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

hmmm Seriously?

That's crazy
Posted By: HOOK-EM

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/15/15 12:55 AM

You take up two parking spaces when you do that.
Posted By: phototom

Re: Lake Mineral Wells State Park - 05/16/15 08:07 PM

seems to me that might be a sure way to have your trailer stolen even with a lock on it!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum