Texas Fishing Forum

Aquilla Fishing Guide?

Posted By: theduke

Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/13/15 03:31 PM

Looking to catch some crappie on Aquilla. Does anyone know of or guide Aquilla?
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/14/15 06:03 AM

I asked that very same question about 15 years ago...NO was the answer then and still is the answer...So I had to learn the lake myself, with the help of a local friend. My advice, If you want to fish Aquilla, go find someone that knows the lake, because it is a dangerous lake if you don't know how to get around. At least, remember this advice...go slow, take extra food/water, warm clothes, go in a boat that can handle stumps, and wear your life vest. I can't tell you the number of times I started out to fish for a couple of hours and ended up in a cove waiting out the weather for 8 hours or more. Just saying, go prepared in case you have to stay awhile.

While learning the lake, stay on the main lake (dam area) south of the two main boat ramps. There are Corps brush piles and coves in this part of the lake that will produce crappie. You can work your way North as you gain comfort with the lake. If you want to go up the creeks, understand it is a full day trip, so make sure you have time to devote to it. Good luck and be safe.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/14/15 10:08 AM

I thought I remembered one from a year or so ago.did a little googling and found this fella,Mark Parker....call him at 254 479 0550
Posted By: crope1

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/14/15 10:08 AM

hey Dale,lets fish!

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/14/15 03:27 PM

Thanks for the advice, I talked to Mark already he is pretty much fishing RC only now.
Posted By: mmauk

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/14/15 03:30 PM

I have been fishing Aquilla for years and fish there quite often and will second what crapicat said. As of now the lake is 7 feet high so it will be a while before the lake gets back to normal level and water clarity improves.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/15/15 02:16 AM

You may be able to find a few at the end of the concrete walls at the spillway. Growing up, we used to do quite well there when they were letting water out. Just throw your bobber in the eddy made by the wall, and you should catching something.
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/15/15 12:51 PM

Dang Carpcat, sounds like you are trying to scare off all the crappie fishermen. That lake must be hot. When you going to post up some pics of all them fish you been catching?
Posted By: r63pappy

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/18/15 06:57 PM

i know every spot on that lake, plus all of yours.

Re: Aquilla Fishing Guide? - 05/19/15 12:45 AM

Do you guide?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum