Texas Fishing Forum

Wounded Warriors

Posted By: bottomraker

Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 12:30 AM

How are who do you contact if you want to get a vet out to do some crappie fishing??? I'm not having any luck getting info.
Posted By: DaggerDoc1

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 02:16 AM

Get in contact with your local vfw or I've seen a forum on here somewhere maybe in the fishing buddy finder forum can't recall.
Posted By: DaggerDoc1

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 02:19 AM

I do feel the need to thank you for your noble endeavor I can assure you it will be greatly appreciated

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 03:04 AM

It's something I feel strongly about.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 03:11 AM

just ask for one on here to contact you,...or look here
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 03:34 AM

Thanks for the response!!! 50 views and no help. Sorry For my rudeness, but this is something I feel I need to do. I have a guide lined up. Lake Granger or Lake LBJ. I just want to do something for one of ours.
Larro
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 05:04 AM

www.randrteamnorthtexas.org

Lyndee Prieskop
lyndeep@aol.com
940-458-0233

Us Lavon guys took our boats and did a fish fry for a few years but couldn't pull off volunteers for fish fry last year.

I know she'd be tickled to have volunteers to take vets out fishing. Lots are bussed in from hospitals.
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 10:42 AM

Hopefully, this will be a huge success. Something I hope will insprire others to do the same. Our vets definately will appreciate it. Wish I was there to help!
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/28/15 02:48 PM

Larry you are a good dude man, and you do make a difference in these veterans lives.
When I was guiding you sponsored a trip, and I took a veteran out. This young warrior had spinal injuries and other issues, he was shot off the top of a tank by a sniper, luckily his ceramic plated vest stopped the round from completely going thru, but the impact knocked him off and injured his back and other things.. can you imagine the shock? the mightmares? a lifetime of pain and chronic medical care and injections and physical therapy. The vet was also having alot of coordination issues with his hand and it was a challenge just reeling the fish in..
I tell you one thing, I wouldnt trade the day we spent together for all the world.
He had fun, I had fun, he smiled the whole day, and really enjoyed himself.
Larry you might want to get in touch with the MWR (morale , welfare, and recreation), dept on FtHood texas.. I had gotten in touch with a liason from the WWP and what they want you to do is anonymously donate the trip then THEY give it to the recipent. There is a reason for this but no need to go into it here.
KEEP ON KEEPIN ON LARRY !! THEY DONT MAKE EM LIKE YOU NO MORE !!!

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/29/15 12:45 AM

Thanks fellas for the good info!!! Thanks again Steve for helping on the fishing trip. You were a real pro and made it a pleasure to be part of.
Posted By: Skip_48

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/29/15 01:16 PM

Hey my son works for the Green Beret Foundation and his ex wife works for the Wounded Warrior Foundation. PM me and believe I can set you up with all the Special Forces guys you want! My son lost his leg in Iraq and he and he ex wife have been working with wounded soldiers and their families since. He was injured in 2006! He lives in or around Ft. worth.

Glad to see this,

Skip
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/29/15 01:22 PM

Call Lyndee! smile

Your help is needed on May 16th! On this day, R&R Team North a 501c3 non-profit corporation is sponsoring its annual camping/fishing event for veterans and their families! This event will take place on Lake Ray Roberts.

They need boats to sign up to take veterans and their families fishing. If you have a pontoon boat you are really needed as some of our veterans have made great sacrifices and have special needs that are best served by pontoons.

But any and all boat types are needed. Even ski rigs as some don't want to fish...they just want boat rides, tubing, skiing etc.

If anyone would like to give back a little to our veterans and families please sign up here: www.randrteamnorthtexas.org or go to face book page R&R Team North Texas or do it the old fashioned way by callin/contactin Lyndee direct at:

Lyndee Prieskop
lyndeep@aol.com
940-458-0233

Thanks
Posted By: bert

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/29/15 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: bottomraker
How are who do you contact if you want to get a vet out to do some crappie fishing??? I'm not having any luck getting info.

Heroesonthewater.org I do some work with them and they are always looking for a way to get our vets on the water, there is also a Belton bunch that regularly does trips with the guys at the VA on Fort Hood but I cannot remember who runs that one.
Posted By: Muzzlebrake

Re: Wounded Warriors - 04/29/15 09:43 PM

Helping a WW is the greatest feeling in the world. We do a WW hunt on our deer lease every year. It can really be an emotional event to see the looks on these guys faces when they harvest a deer.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum