Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please

Posted By: NekidTackle

Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 04/27/15 08:15 PM

Ok Crappie Fisherman, I have Rigs no blades, Willow blades and Colorado blades.
Currently there are Two sizes:
4.5 inch center, legs are 4 inches
6 inch center, legs are 4 inches

All ends are turned, with the no lead design!!
All comments, thoughts, are welcomed!
I can custom Manufacture to your specifications.

Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 04/27/15 08:19 PM

Looks awesome. This looks like it would work great on some schooling sandies too.

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 04/28/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: newpontoonguy
Looks awesome. This looks like it would work great on some schooling sandies too.

Thanks newpontoonguy! (I also fish from a pontoon!) I have Crappie --> Black Bass --> Sandie --> Striper sized RonRig's on my website
Click Me To See "Quality Tackle at Discount Prices!"
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 04/28/15 01:17 PM

I have three of these from Ron that I am going to fish on Thursday and will let you know how I do. I did want to let you know that I can comment on the quality of them and these are the best rigs as far as wire and components that is out there IMHO.

Last Wednesday night, I took one of the rigs and put in a bucket of water to see if they would rust or weaken the wires. I have been folding the rigs each night and have not had a wire break yet and have not seen any rust yet. Sunday I added salt to the water and last night they looked the same as the new ones. I flexed and folded the wires once again and no discernible weakening of the wires was observed.

The reason I am doing this water and bend tests is that I purchased some competitor's A-Rigs from the whites section and fished them one weekend, dried them, folded them up, put them in a separate tackle box but when I went to use them the next weekend, the wires were breaking off because the wire was rusting out. I have seen and heard that other's rigs will break after a few uses but these RonRigs should last a long time due to the wires he used.

I will bring in the pictures I took and will post them up tomorrow.

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 05/02/15 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
I have three of these from Ron that I am going to fish on Thursday and will let you know how I do. I did want to let you know that I can comment on the quality of them and these are the best rigs as far as wire and components that is out there IMHO.

Last Wednesday night, I took one of the rigs and put in a bucket of water to see if they would rust or weaken the wires. I have been folding the rigs each night and have not had a wire break yet and have not seen any rust yet. Sunday I added salt to the water and last night they looked the same as the new ones. I flexed and folded the wires once again and no discernible weakening of the wires was observed.

The reason I am doing this water and bend tests is that I purchased some competitor's A-Rigs from the whites section and fished them one weekend, dried them, folded them up, put them in a separate tackle box but when I went to use them the next weekend, the wires were breaking off because the wire was rusting out. I have seen and heard that other's rigs will break after a few uses but these RonRigs should last a long time due to the wires he used.

I will bring in the pictures I took and will post them up tomorrow.

Thanks Ron,
I have 3 more for you to play with, based on your recommendations and of others.
This wire is the best i have ever seen, strong, and as you have experienced, they won't rust!

www.nekidtackle.com is where to get them!

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 05/02/15 11:55 AM

The Promo code has expired, thanks to all who used it, and kept me very very busy smile

More Nekid love...
Originally Posted By: BigDad
Ron is a great guy to deal with. I bought a few of his 8" and 9" and they worked well for me on Texoma. Well made and very durable rigs. Will be getting more from him.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Crappie RonRig's - Thoughts and comments please - 05/04/15 02:00 PM

Here are the pictures I took from the above post/testing I had done.

As you can see, there is no rust anywhere on them and I do not feel like they lost any strength or are going to break with all the soaking and bending I had done.

They look good as well all baited out.

I did fish them on Thursday along some bridge columns but the crappie fishing on Lewisville has been pretty bleak. They track well and I see them catching a lot of crappie once it gets 'ON'.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum