Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon Crappie

Posted By: David a B

Lavon Crappie - 04/26/15 12:47 PM

Anyone catching crappie on Lavon? We tried all day yesterday and coldn't find one. Caught 4 cats. Tough day fighting the wind.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/26/15 01:58 PM

Gonna be tough with all of that flooded grass
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/26/15 02:27 PM

I fished from 12pm to 4:30pm and caught 1 crappie in 19' ftw that went about 5" long, tough fishing for sure. Marked some good fish in 16 - 15 ft on an old creek channel, but it was too windy to fish it, so who knows. I mainly went to see the lake full again, what a beautiful site! Fishing will be stupid good after the water settles and the fish move to their post spawn homes.
Posted By: David a B

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/26/15 09:52 PM

I found grass as deep as 10 feet. There was a lot of thicker brush also. Found some willows in about 6' but too much tall brush to fish, was almost at the top of the water. If they are spawnig in that kind of cover it will probably be a good one.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/27/15 03:37 PM

With all the new growth and brush on the areas exposed from drought, and with this "new" water up over and around it all, and with the muddy water, it may be tough for a while. I think they will be scattered for quite a while with so many new changes to the lake. Not impossible but be prepared for tough crappie fishing for a while.
Posted By: Bald Eagle

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/27/15 08:57 PM

They are letting water out of it now too!
Posted By: Crappie 0914

Re: Lavon Crappie - 04/28/15 02:56 AM

Fish below the Dam , they are letting water out now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum