Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Fest Results

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 12:18 AM

What a great tournament. Weather cooperated and the fish bit better Saturday than Friday. Impressive weights for the adults and junior anglers. Winning fish was 2.51 caught by Mark Standridge using the new Slab Commander in Mississippi Flash from Crazy Angler. Crazy Angler just came out with this bait about 2 months ago. Second place was Raul Sandoval with a 2.45 fishing from his kayak. If you recall, Raul was 4th last year fishing from that kayak.
There were 117 entries in the adult Div, 9 junior anglers 10 and under, and 9 junior anglers 11-17. Once again, the closest too contest was very close with many fish at 1.51 to 1.53. Here's the results:

Junior Angler 10 and under
Wyatt Standridge 2.41
Langdon Froebe 2.07
Gracie Standridge 1.77
Haydon Standerfer 1.69
Nicholas Ezell 1.66
Aaron Hill 1.39
Charlotte Gildner 1.13

Junior Angler 11-17
Kaden Rogers 1.85
Ronnie Trevilion .75
Dallas Scott .70
Sarah Reicherts .55

Top 10
Mark Standridge 2.51
Raul Sandoval 2.45 fishing from his kayak
Lee Braly 2.23
Chuck Martin 2.23
Bob McAffrey 2.10
Donald Hogan 2.09
Chris Waters 2.07
Donna Miller 2.05
Lucas Gaston 2.03
Dennis Miller 2.02

Closest to 1.00 lb three way tie
David Hill
Stephen Vasterling
Chad Blackstone

Closest to 1.25 lb
Bill Mouw

Closest to 1.50 lb
David Goodson 1.49

Closest to 1.75
Ahn Nguyen

Most of the big fish were caught in 5-8 FOW. Some females with eggs and some spawned out. Smaller males in 3-5 FOW.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 12:23 AM

Thanks Ken!
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 12:25 AM

Thanks
Posted By: cellis

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 01:36 AM

Wow, congrats to Team Standridge and the others that earned a check! And thanks for the info on how they were caught, Ken.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 01:41 AM

A very special thanks to Alec Dyer and Star Industries for their generous support of Crappie Fest.
Total prize money and prizes exceeded $12,000 for this tournament. Not all the junior anglers were able to weigh in a fish but they all took home tackle packs full of goodies. Those junior anglers placing in the top 4 in each Div got ProAngler rods and various ticket packs to events such as Rangers games, Medieval Times, Six Flags and others.

First place paid $2500. A $1000 bonus was awarded to first place since that was the highest placing CAT member. 10th place paid $250 and the closest too categories paid $250 ea. Plenty of ways to be a winner in this one. CAT would like to ask that you spread the word about Crappie Fest. This is a great family event and we'd like to see many more junior anglers fish. Those that attended the weigh in saw some big smiles on these juniors faces. And some proud parents were standing around also. CAT is already working on next year. Hope to see you there.
Posted By: MoFish!

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 01:54 AM

I would like to give a VERY BIG THANKS to all CAT board members and all others that helped put this tournament together, it was a very well run event. And a special thanks to Star Industries for their generous support, we need more business to step up and support crappie fishing just as you do.

I already look forward to next year.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: MoFish!
I would like to give a VERY BIG THANKS to all CAT board members and all others that helped put this tournament together, it was a very well run event. And a special thanks to Star Industries for their generous support, we need more business to step up and support crappie fishing just as you do.

Well said
Posted By: raptor

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:25 AM

Great job CAT. Great turn out. Congratulations.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: fishinman

What Chris said. Thanks to CAT.

Well said
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 03:11 AM

Ditto!
Another well run CAT event!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 03:31 AM

Awesome turn out. Good to see everyone. Great event, put together well and well run. Thank you Sponsors and Board members.

Closest to 1.50 lb
David Goodson 1.49

This fish came from 24' of water around 15' down. Bobby Garland Black/Chartreuse tipped with a Jig in the last 30 minutes of fishing.

David @ shut-up-and-fish
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 04:26 AM

Originally Posted By: cellis
Wow, congrats to Team Standridge and the others that earned a check! And thanks for the info on how they were caught, Ken.

This and congrats to the junior anglers. I can't wait to have my boys fish with me.

Congrats on top 10 Chris! fish
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 11:50 AM

The deal was "cool beans"!!!!!!!!!!!! So good to see all the people there!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:08 PM

Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:28 PM

Wow, thanks for the update! I was there in spirit! clap
Posted By: PAPPY LEE

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 02:57 PM

Thank you Crappie Anglers of Texas! Great fun tournament.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 03:16 PM

Thanks CAT for a spectacular day with my son Nicholas. We've now created a competitive monster. This was his first tournament and he's already wanting to plan for the JR angler event on CC in June. He came home and got his younger brother Noah excited and Noah is now hell bent on joining Nicholas and I for the JR angler tourney.

Thanks!

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®

I know who that is.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 08:45 PM

Yea I do too and he's fishing my stumps...
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 08:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®

Dang, that's a great picture of Kyron with a big fish.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/12/15 09:59 PM

The second picture?
Posted By: whitneylakerat

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 01:59 AM

Thanks CAT for putting on this very well ran event. Also big thanks to the sponsors and everyone in the club who goes out of their way to make our junior anglers feel special. I can't describe how much it means to me to have my son with me on events like this. He is beyond excited to have his very own pro angler rod like me now!
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 12:15 PM

Thanks to all the Board members for running such a great event. I think I heard that there were 136 participants, compared to 99 last year. I'm sure that next year there will be even more.
Posted By: DaveB

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 01:59 PM

Thanks CAT. Zach and I had a blast. Looking forward to doing it again next year.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 03:31 PM

Little man and I are still talking about it! Thanks again to CAT and all the sponsors! Langdon caught all his fish on his ProAngler rod he got last year in the tournament. His first decent fish came the first 30 minutes of the morning. A nice white crappie about 1.25 caught on a chart/blue slab bandit I think he also got last year! Later in the day he finally fished some more and switched to a Pappy's hand tied in Bad Shad and caught his big fish about 30 minutes before we left for the weigh in! It was a great day on the lake. He know's he needs a 10lb bass or a 3lb crappie before it was going on the wall but woulda been hard to not mount it if he had won the kids division, so thanks Wyatt for saving his dad some money! Next year he says he's gonna catch a 3lbr so look out!!

Slew thumb
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 03:55 PM

Yes, thanks big time to CAT officials. coach
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 04:31 PM

Thanks
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/13/15 04:44 PM

Dave and I had a blast .. looking forward to the next one.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/14/15 01:12 AM

Yes, the second picture.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/14/15 02:27 AM

Mo, wish I would have known that, well we cleaned them out for you anyways. I need a bigger coola! Grin.

Posted By: gtowncowboy

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/14/15 03:52 PM

I also would love to thank CAT for putting this event on and allowing me to fish from my kayak. I wish there were more tournaments that allowed kayak fishing! Even got my buddy to place this year hoping to have an even bigger turnout next year!

Ps I'm not sure how to rotate the picture
Posted By: angus56

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 12:38 AM

I missed last year but not this one. Crappie Quest aka Steve Whatley and I gave it our best but still wound up weighting good fish over 1.8 lbs. each. We had a good time and will be back next year.

I heard at the last CAT meeting they were close to having a boat to give away but weren't able to pull it off this year. Lookout for next year, Crappie Fest will keep growing.
Great job to the Board of Directors for another super event!!!

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 02:14 AM

No Problem Kirk there's plenty of stumps to go around. I'm sure I'll be on yours at some point in time

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 02:36 AM

No Problem Kirk there's plenty of stumps to go around. I'm sure I'll be on yours at some point in time

Just giving you a hard time, we actualy caught those off of a submerged log in 10 FOW.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 11:42 AM

Those stumps you see me on are mine so please stay away from them...lol
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os

Those stumps you see me on are mine so please stay away from them...lol

Posted By: fishin_farmer

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 06:12 PM

You can have those Chris. I'm sure they will be to shallow in a couple weeks. Lol

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 07:16 PM

Originally Posted By: fishin_farmer
You can have those Chris. I'm sure they will be to shallow in a couple weeks. Lol

Banger didn't take a picture of me when I was on the "good" ones.

Re: Crappie Fest Results - 04/15/15 11:46 PM

I'm going to find a new spot on the East side, so y'all can have those stumps...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum