Texas Fishing Forum

Boat storage

Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Boat storage - 01/13/15 11:55 AM

Getting close to getting my first boat, and I'm needing a storage facility since I've already got a garage full and no driveway space. Trying to decide on whether to store close by (near Joe Pool), or, since I fish at Fork most often, find a place down there. I'm sure it's a lot cheaper to rent somewhere near Fork, but not sure I want to go that route. I've checked at the marina on JP, and they want about $175 a month there.

Has anyone else rented storage around my area, and/or found a reasonably priced facility?
Posted By: LakeForkGuy

Re: Boat storage - 01/13/15 01:43 PM

If you go to the Fork area the nicest place is on 515 east of Emory. Just before you get to the lake on the North side of the hwy across from the big Church. I think the name is P&L. Not sure about the name. I sold my boat several years age but the charge then was $985 a year. They were big enough for a pontoon, had cement floor with Electricity in them. Had a coded gate to enter. I was there 3 years and never had a problem.
Posted By: Bama Man

Re: Boat storage - 01/13/15 06:53 PM

Just paid my fee for the year at P&L and it was $775.00. My unit is a 12 x 30.
Posted By: BigCaseyB206

Re: Boat storage - 01/13/15 07:13 PM

I figured it would be less expensive there, more curious if any storage near Joe Pool any cheaper than at Lynn Creek.
Posted By: Kelleys Lake Fork Cottage B&B

Re: Boat storage - 01/13/15 07:33 PM

I store mine at fork by the RV repair place. 45 per mo. I keep it there... saves a bunch in fuel.. plus no worries trailering back/forth and tire issues
Posted By: fishmore!

Re: Boat storage - 01/14/15 03:51 PM

I had the same prob last year - new boat with no garage or driveway space. I found a place in a small community about 8 miles from home with ample sized outdoor parking for $35/mo ($225/6 mo). My thoughts were if you park it near a lake you're kinda locked into that lake, especially if it's far from home. I fish several lakes in a years time so the "grab-n-go" method is working GOOD for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum