Texas Fishing Forum

Have had several requests !!!!

Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Have had several requests !!!! - 10/13/14 11:05 PM

To repost this: (CRAPPIE CAKES)
Here Ya Go!
Get the Zatarans crab cake mix. Where it says to put in 1 lb. of crab I substitute with crappie..
I put the crappie in a food processor and pulverize it with one med White onion.
Follow the box directions. After mixing, put it in the fridge for about 2 hours, this lets the mixture get firm.. Wet your hands and make some patties, (just like a salmon patty), fry just like your would a salmon patty, I use canola oil..
Enjoy!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/13/14 11:57 PM

Them's mighty fine vittles!!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 12:06 AM

Awesome, Thanks for sharing. I love Zatarans!!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 04:37 AM

Awesome! Thanks again for sharing. thumb Those will go good with a salad,baked potato,green beans,and hush puppies. Oh yea an Ice Cold Shiner Bock Beer. food
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 10:49 AM

For those of you trying to eat a little healthier these days, these are great baked in the oven at 375 degrees. I actually think I prefer them baked vs. fried now.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 11:06 AM

sounds super yummy ....
and I like that baked version idea as well ....
thanks for the recipe sir ...
now if I could just ketch a pound of crappie ....
it takes like about 14 er so 10.0625 inchers to make a pound right ?
KABOOM roflmao
Posted By: crapyetr

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 12:13 PM

yawl ant born/raised Texans if u dont eat'm fryd
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 02:32 PM

^ variety is the spice of life
Posted By: DaveB

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 05:38 PM

Have done this but took out the onion. Added an egg and some corn flake crumbs with some of my super secret spice and fry'em in hot oil. Crappie cakes. Fried taters and cold pickled beats go great with them.

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/14/14 09:15 PM

Building you a nice heart plug crapyetr? I'm just trying to avoid someone cutting my chest open and bypassing my arteries! And I wasn't born a Texan, but I got here as fast as I could.

Originally Posted By: crapyetr
yawl ant born/raised Texans if u dont eat'm fryd

texas
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/15/14 01:58 AM

I love this thread and will try the recipe! Having had my chest cracked already I will tell you it isn't for sissies. Now that being said, I'll eat em fried, baked, or anyway I can get em. And that cold shiner bock is good as well! food
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/15/14 02:33 AM

Thems good eats!!!

Wife really likes them.

I'll try baking them next time. Sounds great! Thx for the idea.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/15/14 12:28 PM

Don't forget a couple of slices of Jigum's Home grown ice cold tomatoes. He gave me a sack of them early summer, being the only tomatoes eater in my family, I gave all but 3 away bang
Wish I hadn't, best tomatoes I've eaten in YEARS! food

Gonna make some crappie cakes for our fish fry we are having weekend after next banana cheers
Posted By: cva34

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/15/14 12:50 PM

We had them a couple times There really great and easy THX again
Posted By: JimmyA

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 08:04 AM

Thanks for the recipe! If we catch some this weekend. i'll give it a try.
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Don't forget a couple of slices of Jigum's Home grown ice cold tomatoes. He gave me a sack of them early summer, being the only tomatoes eater in my family, I gave all but 3 away bang
Wish I hadn't, best tomatoes I've eaten in YEARS! food

Gonna make some crappie cakes for our fish fry we are having weekend after next banana cheers

Todd, surely you are joking! Right???? Matthew growing tomatoes???? You have him confused with someone that only has one plant after backing his boat over the only other tomato plant Bev made him plant!! I'm thinking he gave you some of my tomatoes!!!!
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 11:49 AM

Sohnuf, folks really like them cakes. thanks for sharing.

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 11:52 AM

fryd everythang...thats what makes us Texans tuff...but then i marryd a wonderful TX woman that only lets me eat fryd stuff OCCASIONALLY...i njoy it more that way...!!!

hey Dave, u eat pikld beets...???...tradeya a fishin' trip for sum!!!...gotta grow'm 1st

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 12:05 PM

hey MC, i went fishin with a crapy guide, i mean crappie guide, ystrdy that sez he knows u...that could b good r bad...Biester???...tells alot of lys so hard 2 separate the facts...u gave him sum jigs for retardment, i mean retirement, and he whupt me with'm, even if i wuz usin' slab slobber...hope 2 meet u sumday on a trip 2 cedar creek and u can fry us sum crapycakes!!!
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/16/14 12:56 PM

Tommy how long do you bake your cakes?
Take your crappie cakes to the next level and add about a 1/2 can on green chillies per box.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/19/14 12:04 AM

Thanks for the recipe. I tried it this evening. Good stuff.

Re: Have had several requests !!!! - 10/19/14 01:46 AM

15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the cakes you make. If you want them nice and brown on the outside, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end.

Originally Posted By: fish n fool
Tommy how long do you bake your cakes?
Take your crappie cakes to the next level and add about a 1/2 can on green chillies per box.
fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum