Texas Fishing Forum

Some Spring Time Crappie!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 04:44 PM

Went out this week on the Guadalupe River and got into some nice ones. Fish were located in a little shallower water. Caught em in 7 to 10 feet of water. Most of em were close to brush piles but I got a few away form brush piles and structure. The bite would also come and go through out the day. The water in some spots was stained due to a recent rain, but in other areas it was clear. There was good current. Most fish were released to fight again. Kept five for the dinner table. The color of choices on the jigs were pink/white and red/green. Getting a good Spring jump on the Crappie. It don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 05:06 PM

I'm digging out my waders this weekend.

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 05:09 PM

Thanks "Fishin Nut" for the reply. The spring bite has started out very good. hooked
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 05:15 PM

red/green ?????
ROBERT ...did you read this post ?
LOL
good job as always ....

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 05:18 PM

Thanks "Ketchn" for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 06:38 PM

As always great fishing! cheers Good friends of mine did great on Canyon. Fished over by Turkey Cove. We had one heck of a fish fry! thumb

Side Note: Do you ever use live minnows? hmmm
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 06:56 PM

Great report and awesome fish....

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 07:07 PM

Thanks "Gitter Done" and "Jig Man" for the replies. cheers "Gitter Done" I have always used jigs. Been getting great results and feel that there is no need to switch. Besides I am still learning ways to fish jigs and have a long way to go. eeks I have friends who fish with Minnows and have done super good this year. thumb Glad to hear that your pals did good on Canyon. Canyon has been good this year so far especially fishing the coves. During the winter the Creek Channels were good. fish
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 07:16 PM

I like it. Good job sir!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 08:00 PM

Nice
Posted By: spencerlong

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 08:56 PM

Good job
Posted By: Pavur Outdoors

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 10:03 PM

Awesome! making me excited
Posted By: CRAPPIEJIGN

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 11:08 PM

BAF,

Glad to see you're still on the crappie and having fun. Love the pics that accompany your post.

Jeff
Posted By: Rangerbobtx

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/13/13 11:19 PM

I will be fishing a down river from you later this week. I am hoping to find them up shallow since I fish out of a bay boat with no electronics. There has been no use in me looking for brushpiles. I just started fishing this part of the river a few weeks ago thanks to your posts but so far all I have found is a bunch of those 'green trash' fish. If I can make sure there are enough crappie to justify I will soon be adding a more crappie friendly boat to my fleet of 1.

Thanks for alerting me to crappie in so. Tx.

Steve
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 12:44 AM

EXCELLENT FISH & PICTURES Banker! Great Post!! Keep Hammering em thumb coolphotos

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 05:31 AM

Thanks Guys for the replies. cheers "Rangerbobtx": Hope you get on em. hooked Earlier this year and into December of last year the fish were staying on certain brush piles and were very easy to find. thumb You did not need electronics once you located em. Now they are on the move and you need to find em. peep Sometimes they will go back to one of their old brush piles. They seem to make their rounds. Going to be trying some night spots in the near future. eeks
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 06:24 AM

nice
Posted By: crope1

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 01:16 PM

thx for the report and pics!
Posted By: Todd C.

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 03:48 PM

Nice!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 03:48 PM

Nice looking fish Chuck! cheers Great seeing you out there the other day. We ended up with a bunch of nice ones also. thumb If you get a chance you need to hit Canyon Lake. Some of those coves are very active right now. Also the north part of the river is picking up. Got to work the rest to the week and weekend. Won't get to fish again until This coming Tuesday! fish
Posted By: Ron55

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 04:02 PM

Those are some nice fish. I've been catching a few up here in the shallows lately. Maybe the fishing is finally heating up a bit.
Posted By: tomasc

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 04:13 PM

nice catch, thanks for the report!
Posted By: 1tex

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 06:03 PM

What,no cafe report this time rolfmao
Nice mess of fish Banker!

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/14/13 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: 1tex
What,no cafe report this time rolfmao
Nice mess of fish Banker!

Thanks guys for the replies! cheers "1tex": Got off of the water late and had to get home to tend to some house business. I usually make a lunch or dinner out of each trip. I love that part of fishing! food Telling fish stories and talking fishing over a good meal is hard to beat! thumb Curtis: Thanks for the reply. Great to see you guys out there. By the looks of things you did pretty good. eeks I have not made it up to Canyon yet or the upper river. Fishing has been to good to change. hooked
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/16/13 01:29 PM

Pretty Crappie
Posted By: Goodtimes79

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/16/13 05:54 PM

Nice
Posted By: skitrman

Re: Some Spring Time Crappie! - 03/17/13 04:28 PM

I am looking to go out in a little while on Canyon, where would suggest I go to catch some good crappie? Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum