Texas Fishing Forum

RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great!

Posted By: Dave905

RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/08/12 01:14 AM

RowdyRankin sent me a few of his hand tied jigs a couple of weeks ago and I finally got the change to try them out today. Started at 7:30am and fished till 1:30pm, had a total on the counter of 71 (was one of those days!). I was one sweaty, smelly, stinky mess before I called it a day, probably smelled as bad as a cat fisherman.

Caught fish on brush and timber, all at about 10’.

Used Rowdy’s hand-tied jigs most of the day and they worked great. Didn’t seem to be a color preference today either as they bite anything that I dropped.

Finally stopped and took a couple of pics. This one has a pic of the blue-ice jig RowdyRankin sent. It worked great all day:

I caught a number of crappie this size so I put this one on the scale and he went an even two pounds:

All fish were released, still have more in the freezer to finish before bringing any more home. It was a great day to be out.

Special thanks to RowdyRankin for his handy-work. I was quite impressed!

Dave

Posted By: RowdyRankin

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/08/12 01:26 AM

Appreciate the kind words Dave....glad to see SOMEONE can catch fish w/ them! Lol

Posted By: Stucky76

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 12:33 AM

Very nice! What lake?

Posted By: Dave905

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 12:55 AM

Its a private lake in East Texas I've been given access too. It appears to be full of big crappie. Its been fished for bass some but not crappie.. Couldnt be any luckier than that,its been some terrific fishing. Im hunting for a 3 pounder in it.

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 01:08 AM

With that many 2 pounders, your bound to get him! Good luck!

Posted By: 4blade

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 01:28 AM

slabs for sure

Posted By: Jiggin Griff

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 02:48 AM

Great jigs made by a great fisherman and a friend of mine! Nice haul!

Posted By: CrappieHappy

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 04:00 PM

nice work Rowdy, and Dave!!

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 04:01 PM

Kind words Griff....can't wait to wet a hook again w/ you...had a blast last time! Haha

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/09/12 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By: crappiehappy
nice work Rowdy, and Dave!!

Thanks Heath

Posted By: K.B. KuntryBoy

Re: RowdyRankin hand-tied jigs work great! - 07/10/12 01:04 AM

Rowdy is one of the best in the business at tying jigs. His work is proven. Jigum jigs are also awesome. Matthew can tie some 1st class gigs that are proven time and time again to catch fish.. And don't forget about Slab Me Silly. Same thing. You can't go wrong with either of these.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum