Texas Fishing Forum

DOCK DEMON

Posted By: leanin post

DOCK DEMON - 05/02/12 07:22 PM

anyone try the little dock shooting pole by Zebco ? its a solid glass rod, almost unbreakable, with a little low ratio reel,. even if u reel kind of fast, its still kind of slow,perfect for a slow retrieve,. I bought one at walmart, and was playing with it in the backyard. It has plenty of backbone, and can shoot a jig easily with good distance, and doest feel at all stressed when you bend it back. Should make for a good kids pole also. they have a spinning reel version and closed faced version, same price,. 10. bucks and change.the whole rig measures in at 30.5 inches. pretty cool rig,, check em out.

Posted By: East Texas Archery & Bait

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/02/12 11:23 PM

Great Pole for kids and or short distance shore fishing.

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/02/12 11:35 PM

I like what im seeing just shooting it around the backyard. It will also be great for kids,who are just learning, I have added a piece of rubber pipe insulation, taped on tightly,to the lower handle so they have a better grip, and if it fall overboard, I can retrieve it.
Not a dock shooting expert by far, but I think the little short pole could have its advantages.. you cant get up close to a dock and shoot with a long pole, with this shorty, you could literally put it under the dock, then shoot and it has enough spring in it, to shoot it as far as youd like.
The closed face reel that comes on it is a little on the cheesy side, may want to put something with a slightly higher ratio of retrieve on it, but it would get by I think. cant wait to try it out on some docks.

Posted By: Third Coast

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/03/12 02:55 AM

I got one about a month ago, I use it some for shooting docks and my 2 yr old son uses it to catch perch in the pond. I think it's a great set up for the money

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/03/12 03:00 AM

do u have the closed faced or spinning reel, and is the retrieve speed adequate? thanks

Posted By: Third Coast

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/03/12 04:31 PM

I have a spinning real an the retrieve speed is fine for what I use it for, I'm thinking about getting another one just to have and also to take the reel of and put on my 10ft rod for wading when I do that, drag works fine to we caught a 2 lb bass on it with the line that came on it for 10 bucks I don't the you can beat it

Posted By: Slabington

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/03/12 04:52 PM

Awesome little rod got one awhile back perfect for fishing around boat houses. I put on on a small Okuma reel and it's a winner.

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/03/12 10:36 PM

whow much are the okumas?

Posted By: DaveB

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/04/12 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
whow much are the okumas?

Big question is did you catch any fish @ Waco today? Inquiring minds want to know.

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/04/12 01:15 AM

I caught plenty, but mostly dinks , your 46 pile isnt hoppin yet, mostly fished the south and midlake area. mostly reaction bites today with small black slab bandits.

Posted By: NotaNibble

Re: DOCK DEMON - 05/04/12 01:44 AM

I have been eyeing that little combo for some time now. I might just have to go pick up a couple.

Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: DOCK DEMON - 08/19/14 06:52 PM

Okay, this is an old TFF thread I realize, but I 'googled' Dock Demon and this old TFF post came up in my search results.

I just bought two of these $9.99 Zebco dock demon rod/reel combos for my twin sons to use on an upcoming fishing cabin weekend stay at Bluegill Lake Cabins in East Texas. There have been so many solid reviews the Web about these little throw-away glass rod/reel combos that I had to givem them a try.

I'm going to set these two little poles up for panfishing (crappie or bluegill), and see what they can do. Looks like most of the fishing we'll be doing at this place is from the simple wooden slat docks that traverse the 3-4 ponds at this property.

Will follow-up on this post after our trip anbd report how the boys and these little rods did. I think these little rods will make catching any fish a whole lotta fun for the boys. bannana2

Scott in Flower Mound
Posted By: WestTxJiggin

Re: DOCK DEMON - 08/19/14 07:04 PM

My wife uses her's all the time. She loves it for fishing around docks and she's caught some nice fish on it.
Posted By: Dr. Crank

Re: DOCK DEMON - 08/19/14 11:34 PM

I just hope and pray we get enough rain to be able to dock shoot
Posted By: Tony from Oak Point

Re: DOCK DEMON - 08/20/14 05:33 AM

I picked up one of the spinning dock demon combos. I caught a lot of crappie on it as the short setup is handy for certain situations on a kayak. Last winter I ended up catching a 30lb+ blue catfish on it with 6lb mono which impressed me. The reel was still usable after that too although a bit noisy. When I lost it in the lake I wasn't upset either given the cheap price :-)
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: DOCK DEMON - 08/20/14 12:14 PM

almost grabbed one similar to that at academy the other day rolfmao
not that I really need another pc of equipment
but for the money it was a nice lil set up thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum