Texas Fishing Forum

Minnows around Ray Roberts

Posted By: Mike Keenan

Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/22/11 12:49 AM

What places are there available to buy minnows around Ray Roberts? How do they sell them, buy the pound or dozen?
Posted By: JDavis7873®

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/22/11 01:00 AM

455 and 35 on the west side. Snap Shop, by the dozen.

377 shell station north of pilot point for the east side of RR. not sure how they sell them.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/22/11 01:32 AM

The Dam Store too. I think they all sell by the pound or dozen either one.
Posted By: JDavis7873®

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/22/11 02:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
The Dam Store too. I think they all sell by the pound or dozen either one.

Forgot about them, and I used to work there 20 years ago when it was Sharkey's. hammer
Posted By: Guide: Cliff_S

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/22/11 07:08 PM

AP's on the corner of I-35 & FM 3002 also sells minnows by the doz. Its open 24 hrs for any late night fishermen.
Posted By: Tracy S

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/24/11 01:33 AM

Dam store sells by half a pound and pound
Posted By: dragonsdaddy

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 04/24/11 03:30 AM

the shell sta in tioga sells them by the dozen, even if you want them by the pound. if you order a half pound, which goes for $10, you get 5 dozen. they go for $2 a dozen. they don't own a scale. the sta in town on the way to johnson sells them by the dozen or the pound, though i haven.t seen whether they have a scale either.
Posted By: KungFuJimmy

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 08/08/16 04:10 AM

Does anyone know if the Dam Store still sells by the pound? This thread is very old but I thought I would ask.
Posted By: ronnymc

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 08/08/16 06:57 AM

Sportsmans gas station is a good place to buy minnows for a fishing trip. They take good care of customers, and their minnow counting is usually generous.

For buy the pound, I would say the live bait outlet on Mill St. At Valley Ridge in Lewisville, but I think they are closed due to construction. And, I don't know if they will reopen.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Minnows around Ray Roberts - 08/08/16 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: KungFuJimmy
Does anyone know if the Dam Store still sells by the pound? This thread is very old but I thought I would ask.

The Dam Store does sell them by the pound.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum