Texas Fishing Forum

How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon)

Posted By: Pharmsearcher

How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/07/11 11:42 PM

Are the crappie biting at the bridges this week?
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/07/11 11:44 PM

They have been there for 2 weeks or so now....
Posted By: Pharmsearcher

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/08/11 12:13 AM

Jigs(color) or minnows?
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/08/11 01:26 AM

black/chart 1/32oz-1/8thoz (I like 1/32 due to slower sink)
white/chart
medium minnows under a small cork
Posted By: BassCat22

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/08/11 03:44 AM

with a boat how deep would u try to fish
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/08/11 04:18 AM

I was going to hit the 380 bridge this morning by boat. Between the brutal wind and the stumps I decided not to risk it. We launched out of Little Elm and it was blowing like crazy with white caps and all. If you can make it up to the bridge use a jig and bobber. Set your lure around 18 inches and have fun.

Reggie
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/08/11 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Grainraiser
I was going to hit the 380 bridge this morning by boat. Between the brutal wind and the stumps I decided not to risk it. We launched out of Little Elm and it was blowing like crazy with white caps and all. If you can make it up to the bridge use a jig and bobber. Set your lure around 18 inches and have fun.

Reggie

I would think that unless there has been a canal dug it would be real tough to get to the 380 bridge on Lavon from Little Elm. I know there use to be 2 ramps north of the 380 bridge on Lavon. Are they still open?
Posted By: infamousfisher

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/09/11 12:29 AM

I think those ramps are closed due to low water, you have to launch from Elm Creek and idle up to the bridge, lots of boat killers in that area. I want to try and go at night, anybody heard if they are biting late?
Posted By: CRAPPIEJIGN

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/09/11 12:44 AM

Lavon, Lavon, Lavon. I have been thinking of escaping from Denton to toss a jig and float at Lavon for the past couple of weeks. I'd simply feel blessed to escape seeing to the day to day care of an ill relative for a little fishing time this spring.

Unfortunately, my recent fishing and catching has been watching videos and DVD's over and over again.

One of the reason I love to see pictures. I remember one stringer from Lavon over the past couple of weeks which almost did me in. Haha.

Glad all of you returned home safely today. This place would not be the same without you!

Jeff
Posted By: MikeG02

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/09/11 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: CRAPPIEJIGN
Lavon, Lavon, Lavon. I have been thinking of escaping from Denton to toss a jig and float at Lavon for the past couple of weeks. I'd simply feel blessed to escape seeing to the day to day care of an ill relative for a little fishing time this spring.

Unfortunately, my recent fishing and catching has been watching videos and DVD's over and over again.

One of the reason I love to see pictures. I remember one stringer from Lavon over the past couple of weeks which almost did me in. Haha.

Glad all of you returned home safely today. This place would not be the same without you!

Jeff

Sorry about that Sir!! cheers
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/10/11 01:20 AM

anybody try today from bank or boaT
Posted By: FishHarder

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/10/11 10:35 PM

I fished the rocks this morning and caught a couple keepers jigging.They turned off about 8:30am with no one catching any on minnows or jigs after that. All anyone had were a couple or so except for one fellow who had about a dozen nice ones on the stringer. The lake is getting lower by the week. I reckon it is about 8-10 inches lower than it was last week.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/10/11 10:40 PM

one of the ramps north of the bridge is open, im not sure of the name, but it is the one on the side of the bridge closest to princetton.
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/10/11 11:20 PM

good news. looks like twin groves then. want to yak it here soon

map
Posted By: txsowbug

Re: How's the Crappie fishing on 380 bridge (Lavon) - 04/20/15 02:42 PM

Anybody do any good there yet? I drove by this saturday and saw lots of cars.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum