Texas Fishing Forum

crappie fishing lake tyler

Posted By: catfish1961

crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/03/11 04:01 AM

anyone catching any on lake tyler.any tips would be helpfull
Posted By: pepop

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/03/11 04:08 AM

Welcome to the forum. welcome You might have to weed through a hundred dinks to get a limit of keepers but there's fish to be caught on the East lake working the bamboo & other brush from the spillway back towards the channel. Winter time, that's where I'd concentrate.
Posted By: r63pappy

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/03/11 01:53 PM

WELCOME ABOARD !!
Posted By: lakeman

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/03/11 02:51 PM

Welcome aboard and happy fishing, fish
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/03/11 02:54 PM

welcome aboard

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/04/11 02:56 AM

thanks for the welcome.i have lived close to lake tyler all my life.catch bass and catfish like crazy but have never done that good with the crappie.desided i was going to start fishing for them this year.thanks
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/04/11 04:43 AM

Give me a shout and I will come help. I grew up on Lake Tyler.

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/04/11 09:35 PM

i will do that
Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/04/11 09:42 PM

I put out 22 Crappie Condos 2 years ago on Lake Tyler East and to be honest the Crappie fishing has been horrible for me. Maybe 1 fish in 20 were keepers. I pretty much gave up on Lake Tyler for Crappie but I am thinking I'll give it another try soon. I fished there for years and up until a few years ago had great success fishing there. This time of year I always had the best luck down by the dam just drift fishing for them.
Posted By: footballfisherman

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/04/11 11:10 PM

I asked the same question two weeks ago. I was told about 10 dinks to one keeper. I thought that it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong. They were right on. I caught 30 crappie in just under 3 hours and only had 3 keepers. I gave them to some guys on the lake and went graphing for bass hangouts. Might be the first time fishermen told the truth about fishing. wink
Posted By: BowSlayer

Re: crappie fishing lake tyler - 02/20/11 02:24 PM

The Crappie are running up the creek now and under the HWY 64 bridge. Still only catch about 1 keeper for every 10 fish but you can have some fun catching them. If you can get a spot under the bridge that is.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum