Texas Fishing Forum

What's the deal at RR?

Posted By: markchat

What's the deal at RR? - 04/15/10 05:07 AM

Fished my usual spots at RR today. Found skinny males at 15'. Found skinny males and a few females at 1'. Eggs in the females have a ways to go yet before they drop. So what's the deal?
Posted By: crappieraider

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/15/10 01:18 PM

Noticed the same thing yesterday, caught all male and no female.
Posted By: Fishin365

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/15/10 08:18 PM

I know what you mean I haven't caught a whole lot but the ones I have caught are mostly male and the female eggs look like they're no where near ready. Well all I can say is hopefully they will get hot soon.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/15/10 08:27 PM

You got it 365. The eggs I've seen look as though they have some time left. But I am hearing some folks say they think the spawn is nearly over.
Posted By: LipRippin

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/16/10 02:00 AM

Mark +1 on the over but as many will tell u just beginning.
RR with a boat bigger than john size is not worth the time in my Opion. go back to your creek fishng I know u have some spots like LL has been good up alton or the vine off Denton Creek.
I will send u a pm.

Posted By: angus56

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/16/10 03:29 AM

Just got back from buck creek and it was slow wader fishing. Scratched out 4 keepers and turned back 3 little ones.
All males in the cooler.
Haven't gotton into the fat chicks in that part of the lake this year.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 01:15 AM

Did much better today. At least half females.
Posted By: JDavis7873®

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 01:28 AM

just in time for the flooding.. smile

Talk to a buddy who's been wearing them out on the west side.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 01:42 AM

Well I went to pecan creek this afternoon and once again caught only males. The water was pretty clear so I used white and char. Jig. Caught about ten fish with only three keepers. I just can't seem to figure them out.
Posted By: JoSkeeter

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 02:04 AM

I'm gonna try bank fishing tomorrow any tips for a first timer out there

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 03:36 AM

Indian Creek. Fish right in the brush and treetops in less than 2' of water. I used black/chart jigs. Make sure the areas you fish are protected from a south wind and you should find some fish.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 04:36 AM

How do I get there from Denton
Posted By: Guide: Cliff_S

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 05:24 AM

We limited today but not all come from up shallow. We only fished 3 hrs.

Oh, I did get to tow in my first boat for the year flush.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 10:44 AM

We may see you if the rain lets up.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 07:55 PM

so what is the rule of thumb for crappie going back to the BP's? I am stumped with the between time from spawn in the creeks to going back to deeper waters. When cliff said he didn't catch all his crappie in shallow water how do you go about finding them in the deeper water this time of year? Its just driving me crazy because I have only caught them at BP's and in the shallows. sorry for the long question's this is only my second year really concentrating on crappie fishing.
Posted By: crappiecrzy

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 07:59 PM

Hey there fishin send me a pm i live in gainesville and know a little bit about fishing this time of year going out a little later on today to see if there still shallow or where there moving too.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 08:06 PM

PM sent Crappiecrzy

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 10:23 PM

Can you fish in the boat slips at ray roberts marina?

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 10:56 PM

I have never tried the slips at the marina. I didn't know if I had to rent one or lease one or if I could just go over there and fish them. I do have a boat but I keep it at home I valley view.
Posted By: Guide: Cliff_S

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 11:04 PM

You have to rent a slip to fish that boat house or have a good buddy that rents one. You can pay to fish the fishing barge. Right now you should be able to catch them around the banks at marina. Its FREE
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/17/10 11:29 PM

I didn't think there was a marina at RR, other than the courtesy docks in the state parks.

Re: What's the deal at RR? - 04/18/10 02:07 AM

Okay thanks I drove up and checked it out today I'll be goin soon to hopefully tear em up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum