Texas Fishing Forum

903 Fishing boating accident

Posted By: Hooked on fishing

903 Fishing boating accident - 02/01/24 04:43 PM

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/01/24 08:53 PM

I embedded your video. All future videos must be embedded. PM sent. Thanks.

Side Note: Glad you guys made it back safely to land. Hope nothing major is wrong with your boat. thumb
Posted By: leanin post

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/02/24 03:48 AM

thats strange damage to split the bottom seam the way it did..
an automatic bilge pump is worth its weight in gold in a situation like this,, get you a good one and make sure its high GPM,, and test it frequently... they are easy to install and wire in directly to you battery,, 50 bucks that can save your boat and your life..
if it comes on and stays on, you know something wrong and can start heading to a bankline, and run the boat up on the bank. also turn on your manual bilge pump so you have both pumps running,,
keeping a large cotton towel in the boat is also a good idea, if you can get to the hole, you can jam the towel into the hole, and slow the water coming in,, if you dont have a towel you can use a piece of rope , your sock, ect..
you cannot panic . dont know if this guy just doesnt handle stress well, or was pumping up the drama for his u tube vid, but he was definitely stressing the other guy out with the drama..
If I was worried abt my boat sinking, the LAST thing I would be doing is worrying abt videoing it.

Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/02/24 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by leanin post
an automatic bilge pump is worth its weight in gold in a situation like this,, get you a good one and make sure its high GPM,, and test it frequently... they are easy to install and wire in directly to you battery,, 50 bucks that can save your boat and your life..
if it comes on and stays on, you know something wrong and can start heading to a bankline, and run the boat up on the bank. also turn on your manual bilge pump so you have both pumps running,,
keeping a large cotton towel in the boat is also a good idea, if you can get to the hole, you can jam the towel into the hole, and slow the water coming in,, if you dont have a towel you can use a piece of rope , your sock, ect..
you cannot panic . dont know if this guy just doesnt handle stress well, or was pumping up the drama for his u tube vid, but he was definitely stressing the other guy out with the drama..
If I was worried abt my boat sinking, the LAST thing I would be doing is worrying abt videoing it.

Good point LP.... Glad they`re OK though. clap
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/02/24 11:10 AM

I nearly sunk a boat years ago when Joe Pool first open. I now have two high GPM bilge pumps on my current boat. Come close to sinking one and you will never ever forget that feeling of helplessness. Bilge pumps are cheap and can save your bacon if something goes wrong.
Posted By: gborg

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/02/24 01:29 PM

Life is a learning curve ! Metal is easier to repair than glass and a whole lot less $$ .
Posted By: EastTexNative

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/05/24 12:25 AM

Dang that was stressful to watch 😅
Posted By: KS374

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/07/24 04:03 AM

its a tracker is what Ill leave it at. but yeah, gotta film it all to pay for the damages.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/07/24 04:36 AM

"cracker boats".. pure excitement gauranteed!!!!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/07/24 11:27 PM

Ouch!!!

Glad y'all made it back on the trailer.
Posted By: crope1

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/08/24 02:11 AM

Like he said,God is Good!!! Was told of a guide still missing,clients were were found to be okay. Please careful out there
Posted By: Jon

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/10/24 04:53 AM

I didn't watch but the 1st 30 seconds of the video but unless they changed the rules since about 1975 manufacturers were required to make them float upright and level even when completely full of water. I don't know what kind of payload that is allowing and structural damage may void it - I don't know. I'm doubtful it applies to sail boats and comercial type boats.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: 903 Fishing boating accident - 02/19/24 06:11 AM

Glad you both made it off safe.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum