Texas Fishing Forum

What size creek

Posted By: Zedteamk2

What size creek - 01/28/20 02:28 AM

I hear talk of crappie going into creeks, what kind of size creek are we talking?
To me, a creek can be pretty darn small, and obviously too small for the fish to even navigate.
About what size of creek are we looking for?
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: What size creek - 01/28/20 01:46 PM

Need one with some depth.... and length. The shad like to migrate up the feeder creeks, and the fish follow them. This is not the spawn. Just migration following food. Find a main creek that feeds a cove or the lake, and follow it until it narrows down. Ideal woul be 8-10 ft. of depth. Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Posted By: Bentman63

Re: What size creek - 01/28/20 02:20 PM

I haven't been to them ,but I know there are some good creeks that are connected with Lewisville Lake
Creeks are weird and you can spend a lot of time on google earth looking for them . Then you drive to one and it is too shallow or is a foot wide
It takes a lot of time to find them
I only know of 2 that are fishable. and one of them has never produced a fish yet
The other one I know of had crappie in it for a short time a while back. But the last few trips have been fishless
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: What size creek - 01/28/20 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hopper
Need one with some depth.... and length. The shad like to migrate up the feeder creeks, and the fish follow them. This is not the spawn. Just migration following food. Find a main creek that feeds a cove or the lake, and follow it until it narrows down. Ideal woul be 8-10 ft. of depth. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

This is the best explanation.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: What size creek - 01/28/20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hopper

BINGO!! thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: What size creek - 01/28/20 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Zedteamk2
I hear talk of crappie going into creeks, what kind of size creek are we talking?
To me, a creek can be pretty darn small, and obviously too small for the fish to even navigate.
About what size of creek are we looking for?

PM sent thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum