Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Livescope Help

Posted By: SlabSeeker

Garmin Livescope Help - 02/21/19 03:35 AM

Question for anyone running this system, where exactly did you guys mount your module box for the livescope? I have the unit mounted but looking for suggestions on where to mount the black power box? thanks fellas
Posted By: DOFC

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/21/19 01:32 PM

I have a 1996 Ranger and I mounted mine in my starboard rod box. Getting access for that big connector was not fun.

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/21/19 02:05 PM

DOFC, thanks. I figured it wouldn't be easy to do.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/21/19 04:35 PM

I mounted mine in the rod box too. Just make sure you have enough of the cord length to go from the box to the graph.
Posted By: jig master

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/21/19 05:22 PM

I have a 1996 ranger dual console and I mounted my box on the inside wall of my driver side console so it would be out of the weather very well and never have a chance to get wet period. Some folks said to mount it up front under star board and I didn’t like that idea , because it had a chance of getting wet. I will post pics of mine this evening when
I get off work to give you an idea. FYI it’s amazing. I just hope too many people don’t get it and fish our lakes out. Lol
A kindergartner can use this it’s that amazing.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/22/19 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by jig master
I have a 1996 ranger dual console and I mounted my box on the inside wall of my driver side console so it would be out of the weather very well and never have a chance to get wet period. Some folks said to mount it up front under star board and I didn’t like that idea , because it had a chance of getting wet. I will post pics of mine this evening when
I get off work to give you an idea. FYI it’s amazing. I just hope too many people don’t get it and fish our lakes out. Lol

Wish you hadn’t made that last statement, that means if I bought one I would have to drag a kid along to help figure it out.

bang

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/22/19 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by crapicat
Originally Posted by jig master

Wish you hadn’t made that last statement, that means if I bought one I would have to drag a kid along to help figure it out.

bang

lol

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/22/19 01:28 AM

I will send pics on how I installed mine this weekend. I forgot my boat is covered up , but the tarp is coming off Saturday afternoon for my fishing trip Sunday.
Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/22/19 12:38 PM

I'm installing mine today; since it's a center console, I'll go under the console. I am dreading running that huge connector through the boat; it wouldn't even fir inside a 1" pipe that I configured to mount the transducer.
Tim

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/22/19 06:34 PM

Well, my problem is solved. I took it to Bass Pro Shop and since I purchased it there, they installed it free. Under the triple crown program. But I would still like to see how you guys did it. My boat should be ready today at 4:00. In so excited to check it out
Posted By: DOFC

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/23/19 01:25 AM

That solved that problem. Congrats

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/23/19 01:42 AM

Good deal man you are going to love it . I will do what I said I will do tomorrow and send pics on how mine is mounted. Getting it ready for a Sunday fishing trip.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Garmin Livescope Help - 02/23/19 03:28 AM

As a rigger, Garmin units mounted at the bow we mount the module in the rod box.
If mounted at the console and the transducer at the transom we mount the module in the back battery storage box.
In some cases we add an extension network cable and put he module at the console
For now or console/transom mounted LiveScope transducer.

Extensions for mounting the module at the consol

Garmin Panoptix LiveScope Transducer Extension Cable - 21-Pin

Mounting module at the consol
GARMIN GXM 53 ETHERNET CABLE - 6M
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum