Texas Fishing Forum

Flooring questions?!

Posted By: Crappie_king

Flooring questions?! - 01/21/19 08:00 AM

Okay so here’s the deal I am getting a 17 ft tracker center console aluminum flat bottom boat. I want to know what i can do to get the flooring to where it isn’t so hot in the summer time. I was thinking outdoor carpet but wanted to see others opinions on it. With that being said i have a 14 ft v bottom for sale lol thanks for all the help!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/21/19 11:42 AM

Perhaps a nice tongue and groove composite would look great... scared....sorry couldn't help it...I did have a boat similar to this once, it had bed liner in it and still got hot...I eventually put some textured industrial mats in it and it looked good and really cooled it down, as well as quietened it down...the mats were fairly heavy but the boat need some weight...good luck.

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/21/19 08:54 PM

Was that the rubber ones not the foam ones? And what did you use to hold them in place?
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/22/19 12:59 AM

Check with Todd Box at Thermocline Lures. He had a really nice floor put in his center console and it sounds like what you might want.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/22/19 01:32 PM

Try this, I'll be making an appointment shortly

http://www.safe-floor.com/
Posted By: Twistedmidnite

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/22/19 01:52 PM

Hydroturf is nice stuff

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/22/19 03:08 PM

That stuff looks great how well does it hold up?
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/22/19 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Crappie_king
Was that the rubber ones not the foam ones? And what did you use to hold them in place?

They were rubber....i used a screws and washers to hold them.

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/23/19 01:02 AM

Thanks guys for the replies i appreciate it!
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/23/19 02:46 AM

I really like the way the hydroturf looks. I just couldn't justify putting it on a 18 year old flatbottom. So, I just went to Harbor Freight and purchased a few rolls of the shop floor mats and fastened them down with 3M Spray Adhesive. Been on my boat for about 2 1/2 years now and I'll be honest in that they are starting to show some wear. But, I have been pleased with the way my inexpensive flooring has held up. They are about 5/16" thick and are really comfortable and never get hot. I can kneel down on the front deck in August and not hear my knee sizzling like an egg in a frying pan. Not a great pic but you can see it on the front deck. I also have it on the bench seat and just installed it on the aluminum floor.

https://www.harborfreight.com/anti-fatigue-roll-mat-61241.html

>E

[Linked Image]

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/23/19 02:14 PM

Does it get hot?
Posted By: BSanders

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/23/19 04:14 PM

Seadek!
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Flooring questions?! - 01/24/19 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Crappie_king
Does it get hot?

The material is like a closed cell foam. Doesn't absorb water and doesn't get hot. The Hydroturf is the same material and comes in several different colors.

https://www.hydroturf.com/hydro-request-boating

>E
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum