Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow

Posted By: i-Fish

Broken Bow - 08/09/18 12:14 AM

I’m a bass angler and never fished for crappie. Not because I don’t like it but because of time. Has anybody fished Broken Bow for crappie? Deep, clear lakes are not something I’m used to. What do I need to know and what do the crappie prefer this time of year on deeper, cleaner lakes? Thanks guys.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Broken Bow - 08/09/18 01:50 PM

structures, brushpiles, id look at 18-25 feet, minnows of course, or 1/16 - 1/8 jigs white/chart...
that's where I'd start..
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Broken Bow - 08/09/18 07:57 PM

On the northern end of the lake you can get into creeks and standing timber. There's a Broken Bow guide on the forum but darned if I can remember his name. Bryce Archie http://bbowlake.homestead.com/fishingreport.html is a very good bass guide on BB. I don't know if he crappie guides but I'm sure he could point you in the right direction.
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: Broken Bow - 08/09/18 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: i-Fish
I’m a bass angler and never fished for crappie. Not because I don’t like it but because of time. Has anybody fished Broken Bow for crappie? Deep, clear lakes are not something I’m used to. What do I need to know and what do the crappie prefer this time of year on deeper, cleaner lakes? Thanks guys.

Contact GarySHO here on the forum. He guides on the lake and I’ve used him. He will put you on some crappie and won’t rob you. His rates are good. You’ll also see wildlife including Eagles.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum