Texas Fishing Forum

Lake draw down

Posted By: bush hog

Lake draw down - 07/27/18 01:33 AM

Lake Murvaul is supposed to be lowered about 4 to 5 ft. in the near future for dam repairs....I'm gonna go around all the boat houses and get my jigs back... roflmao
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Lake draw down - 07/27/18 02:57 AM

No kidding..... I must have at least 20 packs of jig heads scattered around on the docks there.
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Lake draw down - 07/27/18 03:41 AM

Those folks sure believe in crossmembers. Some prefer chicken wire mad
Posted By: old76angler

Re: Lake draw down - 07/27/18 03:55 AM

roflmao
Posted By: THarris22

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 11:05 AM

Do you have a date when they will drop it. With the dry conditions it would be a while before it come back up.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: THarris22
Do you have a date when they will drop it. With the dry conditions it would be a while before it come back up.

No, I don't think the lake board has quite figured out how they are going to pay for the repairs yet. You can Google it and read the articles about it. Haven't read anything that mentions a draw down but got that info from the locals.
Posted By: ssfireman

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 01:54 PM

wow that will suck if we have a dry Fall and or Winter only good thing is that its a smaller lake so does not take as much
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 02:57 PM

I love murval when its low.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 04:13 PM

If we don't get some meaningful rainfall amounts they won't have to draw it down! peep
Posted By: Brad R

Re: Lake draw down - 07/31/18 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BigDozer66
If we don't get some meaningful rainfall amounts they won't have to draw it down! peep

So true!

Most lakes in north and east Texas lose about 1/2" of depth per day during August's hot weather. That'd annualize out to 166" or so; but, with different temps, dew points, it is actually around 50" for a whole year.

We are down over a foot now on Lake Athens, not bad after several dry months. And, the city pumps water from it adding to evaporation. No river system feeds it like many other lakes nearby, just rain, springs and watershed run-off. Some minor dry creeks, that's it. Yet, it stays pretty danged close to its 440' conservation level most of the time.

Brad
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Lake draw down - 08/03/18 01:29 AM

Call me and I'll come help.
Posted By: BigDozer66

Re: Lake draw down - 08/03/18 04:37 PM

We are about 3' low here at Big Sam but we did have a little rain the other day so it might go up a couple inches.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum