Texas Fishing Forum

Possum Kingdom

Posted By: Daniel Schindler

Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 02:12 PM

Has anyone had any luck for crappie on PK lately?
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 04:45 PM

I doubt it. Caught a few early but the places I was sacking them up last year have too many big LM Bass and stripers roaming around. Even if one of the crappie survived it better stay hidden.

I have some guests coming up to the lake house tomorrow and decided to pre fish and see if the fish were still where I thought they were. Got these on perch yesterday at my favorite Crappie Dock. Can't blame the Crappie for running scared. They are probably all huddled together somewhere saying " we're gonna need a bigger boat"

These both hit at the same time. This is why you never hear people complaining about catching a bunch of dink crappie at PK.

Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 04:59 PM

Good report, nice pics. I think I am ready to start fishing again, hopefully, as I have been doing a lot of work on my motor, etc; Unfortunately the heat is coming on strong this week, and of course last week had over 2" of rain over 3 days, so the grass is green and will need mowing constantly for a week or so till drys out again. Hope to see you up there PK, I think next time I go I will go over and fish up and around the cedar creek area. Later, Tom
Posted By: Daniel Schindler

Re: Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 07:41 PM

Nice fish. I have a place on the west side of the lake. Have been catching some decent fish at night, been too hot to stay out during the day. ha. Just haven't been going for any crappie so I was just wondering how the bite is.

Re: Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 08:27 PM

Daniel: It is HOT. I put a Bimini top on my tracker but even with that it's miserable during the day. As for Crappie, I guess I need to make some brush piles. In the winter, I don't want to get cold wading in the water and in summer I'm afraid of rattlesnakes trying to cut dead trees..

Re: Possum Kingdom - 07/17/18 08:29 PM

Tom: Call me if you need some company. There aught to be a few crappie in Cedar Creek.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum