Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Advice - Lake Fork

Posted By: Timg972

Crappie Advice - Lake Fork - 07/15/18 02:38 AM

Can anyone give me some advice? I'm new to lake Fork.
1. Is there any ramp on fork that has a dock running alongside the concrete ramp? (I launch mostly without any help, and it's just easier for me)
2. Where can I find some crappie this time of year?

I took the kids last week,for about two hours in the evening, to fish around the 154 bridge with minnows but didn't have much luck. I left my lights at home, so we couldn't stay very long after sunset. Anyway thank you for the help!

Tim
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Crappie Advice - Lake Fork - 07/15/18 09:17 AM

The 154, 515, and FM17 boat ramps all have docks for the temporary tie-up to launch, and retrieve the boat.

While fish can be caught on the bridge pilings, you'll be waiting for the bite. Use your electronics to seek and find the active fish.
Posted By: Timg972

Re: Crappie Advice - Lake Fork - 07/15/18 09:28 PM

Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it. I work nights, and it's hard for me to get up in the morning and find the active fish - like most people do. I usually end up fishing a stationary spot, usually a bridge someplace. That's really the only way I know how to fish at night. Throw some lights out, and like you said... wait. Any other ideas for night fishing at Fork? Thanks again,

Tim
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Crappie Advice - Lake Fork - 07/15/18 09:47 PM

Look at tpwd fish attractors. It gives you the GPS coordinates of the attractors.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Crappie Advice - Lake Fork - 07/15/18 11:14 PM

do you have a boat,...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum