Texas Fishing Forum

Lake LBJ Advice?

Posted By: Whaler-170

Lake LBJ Advice? - 07/06/18 03:07 AM

I’m taking my wife and kids down to Lake LBJ for some R&R, I’ll want to get a little fishing in probably early morning or just after dark around the lights but haven’t been on the lake since I was a kid. I would appreciate any advice from anyone has that has fished the lake lately. Any species, the kids just like catching. We will mostly be on the upper Colorado arm but I’ll take any advice.

Thanks, Cody
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Lake LBJ Advice? - 07/06/18 04:26 PM

launch at bluebriar park, go into the main river channel, ride the edge of the channel on the drop side, not the flat side. fish any brush piles you see. if u see a bouy of any kind, milk jug, oil jug, boat bouy, check for brush around it. LOTTA CRAPPIE and little catfish on LBJ. fish under any deeper docks you can find. find a piece of land jutting out called lighthouse point, there are brush piles surrounding it. in the early morning fish tend to sit up high on top of brush due to UV light penetration, as the sun gets higher, fish go deeper. if you can get some small to medium minnows try them, if not use some small jigs. find the brush, find the fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum