Texas Fishing Forum

Certainly a

Posted By: SK.

Certainly a - 07/04/18 10:33 PM

Tough bite with this thermocline....

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Certainly a - 07/06/18 01:19 AM

Good video. You had to work your tail off but it just makes it that much more worthwhile when you do find some crappie and can catch them.

>E
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Certainly a - 07/06/18 02:58 AM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: Certainly a - 07/06/18 03:25 AM

Thanks guys.....

CC06 you’re totally correct....really makes me appreciate when they are biting good.....
Posted By: serj5150

Re: Certainly a - 07/08/18 12:42 AM

S K Do you think the thermocline is different on the bridges?

Re: Certainly a - 07/08/18 09:58 PM

Thanks guys.....

Serj I don't ever fish visible structure, I leave that stuff for the less fortunates that don't have electronics to find the hidden treasures under the surface...

Only time I'll spend under a bridge is to eat lunch and take a break from the sun or rain....
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Certainly a - 07/09/18 04:27 AM

same thing going on at one of the lakes I fish. all the new fry baitfish has saturated the lake, and crappie are feeding on them at will. I downsize my jigs, and deadstick, or cast and hop. a few here a few there, and enjoy the day.

Re: Certainly a - 07/14/18 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
same thing going on at one of the lakes I fish. all the new fry baitfish has saturated the lake, and crappie are feeding on them at will. I downsize my jigs, and deadstick, or cast and hop. a few here a few there, and enjoy the day.

It’s simply amazing how much bait is in this lake now and I’m sure that combined with the thermocline is what has the crappie bite so slow...
All they’re having to do is open their mouth and the grab a mouth full.....
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum