Texas Fishing Forum

3N | Summertimes are busy times!

Posted By: Three Nails Guide

3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/27/18 12:33 PM

Summer time are busy times!

Well I’m behind again guys. I apologize for the late post. I’ve been busy running trips sometimes two a day , trying to get my boat back to running ( been borrowing a boat ) fixing everything that breaks on boat and around the house when I’m gone it’s none stop. If Guiding was easy everybody would do it. 😎 Again I’m sorry if you called to booked a trip and we could not work you in. I’m just one guy and it’s all I can do to keep up right now.

I have been running some trips on Tawakoni lately. All our trips will be run out of the Tawakoni state park. We have been catching all our fish on brush in 12 to 22 foot of water. All on BoneHead Tackle Bonehead Jigs Stump Bugs!

First trip was Van his son Westin and friend Steve. The guys are no strangers to Crappie fishing, fish cedar creek a lot but wanted to give Tawakoni a try. And boy did they ever,this was the fastest I’ve ever thrown 75 slabs in the cooler on a trip. These guys drop the hammer on them.

Next was Doug Drake, Rob, and Robyn. Sometimes things happens to us with in life that we don’t understand. But we have to have faith and trust God. This has happened to Doug he’s been given a second chance in life, and is running with it. I know these guys had fun, but I can honestly say they blessed my socks off just being around them. The morning started off slow,but God made away we ended the day with 80 slabs

Next was Neil and his friend Tim on lake Palestine. What better way for friends to get together then to Crappie fish!! The morning started out slow but we got the ball rolling and ended with 50 slabs.

Next was Jason, Greg and his sister June. Jason wanted to book a trip for his dad and sister from California. I don’t think it gets any better than family and Crappie fishing!! Took these guys a little bit to get the hang of it, but once they did they were slinging slabs everywhere. They ended the day with 67 Crappie.

Next was Tom and Leslie blessed to spend a lot of time with them Crappie fishing. These two booked 2 days and drive from the Austin area. We always share a lot of laughs even when their dog Pooh gets into my chocolate chip cookies!! Ended there two days with 100 Crappie.

Next was Christian and his dad Reggie. Christian booked a trip for
him and his dad for Father’s Day. Again after these guys got the hang of it they were rocking and rolling. Nothing left but, to fillet there 50 Crappie.

Next was Efrem , Mark ,and Tony all coworkers. Wanting to get out of the office to do a little Crappie fishing. The day was tuff and slow but ended the day with 35 Crappie.

Next was Marty and his wife Beth on Palestine. Marty hasn’t Crappie fished since he was a kid and Beth never has. Beth first fish was big fish of the day. I had a awesome time with this couple. Again Beth thank you for your service and all you’ve been through. And all the sacrifices you made for this great country. God Bless you and keep you.

And finally was Ernie and Jerry on Palestine. Fishing was a little tough. Summertime pattern has starting to set in, on Palastine which means a lot of moving. One or two fish here and move. Ended the day with 36 Crappie.

Thank all you guys very much for fishing with me.

If you’re looking for your next Crappie adventure , please give me a call I’d love to be your guide!

I want to ask everyone to please pray for our veterans and their families. They go through a lot when they are away from home and when the return. That’s the least we can do for them for all they’ve done for us.

Mark
3N | Three Nails Guide
threenailsguide.com
903-275-4712
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/27/18 01:45 PM

Excellent post! Nice pics thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/27/18 02:45 PM

Good times and nice fish.
Posted By: rbadley

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/28/18 02:43 AM

Good post! I’ll be back up there next Friday (7/6) for a week. Hope the fishing is hot!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/28/18 02:46 AM

As always solid post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: von rage

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/29/18 07:46 PM

Mark, it was a pleasure to fish with you. I look forward to the next time. Thanks for a great trip!

Steve
Posted By: Big_CatEM

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 06/30/18 07:21 PM

Well done. Tawakoni (like Lewisville, Grapevine, and Texoma) are real good Summer crappie lakes.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 07/10/18 01:37 AM

Steve, thank you guys again. I enjoyed sharing about with you guys. Thanks for driving down and hope you had a great anniversary !!!
Posted By: K.G

Re: 3N | Summertimes are busy times! - 07/10/18 07:06 PM

Great Haul For Some HAPPY Angler's.thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum