Texas Fishing Forum

What time do you go out?

Posted By: Buff2

What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 03:42 PM

I like to be out on the lake at first light.
That said it seems like I usually don't start catching fish until the sun is fully up and it started to get hot out.

We went Sunday at 5:30 am and had only caught 5 or 6 until about 10:00. I was thinking of calling it a day when we started catching fish.
We went back to the same brush piles we had fished earlier and caught fish on all of them.

I am wondering if my time might not be better spent starting out around 9:00
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Buff2
it seems like I usually don't start catching fish until the sun is fully up

Sun will bunch them up, looking for shade. 2cents
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 04:23 PM

I usually don't do good till about 9:30 or 10 am as well. My opinion is that the fish haven't had time to bunch back up after a night of roaming around feeding. Once the sun is up for a while, it puts them in the places we are looking. Anything before that is a bonus for me. It also depends on what I am doing. If I am on a new lake, I will get there early and scan till 9:30 or 10am and find the spots I want to fish when the time is right.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 04:58 PM

My best luck crappie fishing is always from about noon-5 in the dead heat of the day in the summer.
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 05:08 PM

If my wife is going, we are lucky to hit water before 9 am.

I have fished with Lane twice this summer, both times were 1-6 pm (caught 57 and 48)
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 05:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
My best luck crappie fishing is always from about noon-5 in the dead head of the day in the summer.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 06:26 PM

Sunup till about 11am! thumb During the HOT hours 1pm till 6pm shaded areas in about 20 feet of water next to structure. cheers
Posted By: horton5303

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 10:12 PM

I never did real well first thing in the morning as much as i love launching first thing to enjoy the quiet and watch the sunrise. Like others said. In the dead heat of the day was always best. I have actually watched schools of Crappie come from open water to docks and timber on side imaging and then started catching them one after the other!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/26/18 11:56 PM

depends on the time of year, right now in summer 8am is a good goal to shoot for, or 9...
as fall and winter come along its all about temperatures, I don't do COLD much any more...
dance2
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/27/18 12:35 AM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
I usually don't do good till about 9:30 or 10 am as well. My opinion is that the fish haven't had time to bunch back up after a night of roaming around feeding. Once the sun is up for a while, it puts them in the places we are looking. Anything before that is a bonus for me. It also depends on what I am doing. If I am on a new lake, I will get there early and scan till 9:30 or 10am and find the spots I want to fish when the time is right.
THIS
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/27/18 01:56 AM

Whenever I got time
Posted By: ACAMS

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/27/18 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN
If my wife is going, we are lucky to hit water before 9 am.

LUCKY YOU!!!!! ..... I don't get on the water till 2:30-3:00 if my wife goes!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: What time do you go out? - 06/27/18 05:57 PM

Late seems better..Even when coming back in I will check the boat ramp dock at high-noon and will get a few more keepers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum