Texas Fishing Forum

Swamp Therapy

Posted By: CrappieXpress

Swamp Therapy - 05/21/18 05:19 PM

Well following the first annual pot-lickers tournament at Murvaul I needed to get back to my roots so I headed to our camp on caddo for the weekend.

Saturday morning brought an unexpected windy day as the weather guys had been touting all week a 5-10 MPH forecast and it was closer to 15-20......oh well there's always somewhere to get out of the wind on Caddo.

after 45 minutes of not a bite in 4-5 of my normal producing holes close to the house I went to search my "plan b" places. 25 years of fishing the same lake has made for plenty of possible plans......not always a good thing. At this point I needed to make something happen quick though because I had already promised my 7 year old that I was taking him bream "catching" at 830 sharp once he woke up and had breakfast. so with an hour left I hit one last spot and it was on. Wound up with 14 really nice fish in about 45 minutes.

They are definitely finally on the summer pattern. 6-7 ft deep in the deeper flats of the lake. All fish caught on 1/16 oz red head with purple chartreuse jig bodies. This is a new color for me this year and has really been producing well.

we did wind up with a few bream but they were all released to fight another day. Memorial day weekend should be on fire for the bream with the full moon on the 29th.

No cooler shots you will just have to take my word but this one sure was pretty in the morning sun
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/21/18 06:53 PM

Great story!!.... Are them big red ear through yet ?
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/21/18 07:37 PM

Sure glad to hear they are back in the deep water! roflmao

How did the bream fishing go?

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/21/18 08:13 PM

Oops, forgot my manners...so what color crappie nibbles did you use?
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 01:06 AM

Nice write up.

>E

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 01:08 AM

Awesome post. thumb

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Sure glad to hear they are back in the deep water! roflmao

How did the bream fishing go?

Yeah "deep" is kinda a relative term on caddo.......

Bream fishing was fair. I figure this weekend will be good with the full moon coming on the 29th. May is always the last big push of bream spawners on the lake. There's a few in June but not nearly as widespread.

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 01:19 AM

Kinda feel like I cheated....... Never even got a nibble wet this weekend. Really I was just saving them for your next trip down banana
I know you'll need to borrow a few!

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress

Kinda feel like I cheated....... Never even got a nibble wet this weekend. Really I was just saving them for your next trip down banana
I know you'll need to borrow a few!

Keep in mind that leaves extra money for buying more Jigs! May have to slip off over there, and try them bream out...just got to tend to some things first...
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Swamp Therapy - 05/22/18 04:05 AM

We didn't go out as planned on Saturday- windy as heck! Looks like you guys did real well all considering.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum