Texas Fishing Forum

New Dock Shooter

Posted By: Finaddict

New Dock Shooter - 05/14/18 04:51 PM

I had the pleasure of being asked to try out a prototype rod designed for dock shooting from MajorCraft rods USA dealer Carlos Rivera
As soon as I picked it up I knew it was something special. The Ergo Fuji hand grip fit my hand perfectly and at less than 4 ounces it was light as a feather. I could not wait to pair it with one of my coveted Pflueger President Limited Editions reels.
The rod is a SpeedStyle NANO 6’4”, sss-64ul Ultra Lite, lures 1/32 - 1/4, line 2-8 lb. with Fuji Ergo powergrip handle and the new Fuji K frame concept guides.
But I knew the proof would be in the on water performance. I was not disappointed. First time I drew the lure back the ultra lite tip at first did not seem like it would have sufficient power but as I pulled past my grip the power in the backbone took over and the lure was propelled 40 ft to the “dark” side! AND it had the backbone to flip a 12 incher in the boat!
Bottom line. I have now used the rod on three trips, 50 plus Crappie, and it has performed flawlessly. My dock shooting skills have improved tremendously because of the quality of this rod. It is a game changer for me.
Contact Carlos at www.riveratackle.com for more info about this exciting new rod.
Posted By: Eric

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/15/18 06:12 PM

I talke dto Carlos.all was well til he got to price. Way out of my range but sounds like a good product. Now looking for Lews speed shooter. At the crappie xtravangaza Wally said it goes for $49.99 . I like my 4'6" rods for dock shook-ting but would like 2 8' rods. With the way most are built the back foot is wasted. Going out on cc tomorrow with a friend.Hope to help him lean his new boat, terrova with anchor spot, and Simrad graphs.Hopefully run into a fish or two also.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/15/18 07:44 PM

I cant imagine using an ultralight for shooting docks.
Posted By: Eric

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/15/18 08:59 PM

Troy , all I use is 4'6" ultralight. Have not seen a crappie that I cant sling up......yrt

last year hung a 23 1/2 black bass on it. Took awhile but i got her in.

Sorry I missed to Murvaul haul. Have not seen or heard any results. That means It was fantastic or abust lol I better have a boat by next one.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/15/18 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric
Troy , all I use is 4'6" ultralight. Have not seen a crappie that I cant sling up......yrt

Sorry I missed to Murvaul haul. Have not seen or heard any results. That means It was fantastic or abust lol I better have a boat by next one.

We had a really good Get together..the results are on the thread...I was wondering what happened to you.

Concerning that ultralight would you boat flip these?
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/15/18 11:48 PM

wopics

Of the Dock Shooting Rod!
Posted By: crapicat

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/16/18 01:02 AM

I talke dto Carlos.all was well til he got to price. Way out of my range but sounds like a good product. Now looking for Lews speed shooter. At the crappie xtravangaza Wally said it goes for $49.99 . I like my 4'6" rods for dock shook-ting but would like 2 8' rods. With the way most are built the back foot is wasted. Going out on cc tomorrow with a friend.Hope to help him lean his new boat, terrova with anchor spot, and Simrad graphs.Hopefully run into a fish or two also.

Eric, send me a PM...we need to discuss Jigs for dock shooting...
Posted By: crapicat

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/16/18 01:06 AM

Troy, you have gained some weight since that pic!... roflmao

And I am still mad because I was too full to eat some cherry cheesecake and homemade ice cream before I had to leave...
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/17/18 04:18 PM

Good rods.
I got to demo a nanoace finesse spinning rod for bass. I liked the feel so much I ended up buying it LOL. I have been using it for crappie ever since.
very good rods for dock shooting and open water fishing.

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/17/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Magged Out
wopics

Tried to post pics using I phone and iPad and kept getting message jpg only can be used. Anyone with suggestions?

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/17/18 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

We had a really good Get together..the results are on the thread...I was wondering what happened to you.

Concerning that ultralight would you boat flip these?

I would with the new rod!

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/18/18 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat

Eric, send me a PM...we need to discuss Jigs for dock shooting...

Best dock shooting jig out there.

https://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/product/white-hot-chubby/
Posted By: cantcatch5

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/18/18 01:45 AM

Our Academy carries them. I bought one at $45 and like it well enough although I don’t like the eyes. They are aluminum and I just prefer a ceramic guide.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/18/18 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Finaddict
Originally Posted By: Magged Out
wopics

Tried to post pics using I phone and iPad and kept getting message jpg only can be used. Anyone with suggestions?

Email em to yourself from phone or I pad download them to your photo gallery then post em

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/19/18 05:39 PM

Apple announced that it would be switching over to a high-efficiency photo format with the release of its next operating system. HEIF promises the same quality images—or sometimes even better—in much smaller files along with some other upgrades.
Compatibility is almost always an issue with switches like this, and while Apple has tried its best to make the transition seamless, there are exception
Posted By: jimmy nagami

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/19/18 06:15 PM

sub'd to this thread
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/19/18 07:00 PM

I looked for the rods on Carlos website.

They are not there yet....

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/19/18 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Spiderman
I looked for the rods on Carlos website.

They are not there yet....

https://majorcraft-america.com/product/speedstyle-spinning/

Contact Carlos for info or to order.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: New Dock Shooter - 05/20/18 10:06 AM

I have never tried shooting docks but would love to do it sometime. You Crappie guys have great techniques of fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum