Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules!

Posted By: hawghoover

Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/12/18 09:53 AM

this was given to me by management yesterday FYI
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/12/18 01:06 PM

Slip fishing is becoming too strict. I left Scott's because of rules like this a few years back and left silverlake a couple year back and I hear they are doing the same thing. Not worth the money if you have to fish your own slip IMO
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/17/18 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
Slip fishing is becoming too strict. I left Scott's because of rules like this a few years back and left silverlake a couple year back and I hear they are doing the same thing. Not worth the money if you have to fish your own slip IMO

Imagine that...marinas that don’t like fishermen anymore...what’s next, catch and release only?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/17/18 07:17 PM

I'm guessing as in most significant rules changing like this, a few people have caused everyone to have to change.

hammer
Posted By: BJH ( JUST JIGGING)

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/17/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
I'm guessing as in most significant rules changing like this, a few people have caused everyone to have to change.

hammer

YES SIR, you can bet on it. Some people have no idea what "RESPECT "is bang . Not to mention the theft, hooks in tye-off lines and boat covers!!!!
Posted By: redraider4life

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/18/18 08:59 PM

I'm at Scotts and have not seen this letter on our side of the lake. To be honest I'm glad they are getting off their tails and doing something about it. It amazes me how some people think they can just pull their boat into an open slip, get out with their boom box and start fishing like they own the damn place. I have a lot of $$ invested in my spot on the water and for idiots to come out and act like they run things is besides me. I was broken into last year and lost a ton of tackle so anything that can be done to help, I'm for!!
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/19/18 12:34 PM

In New Mexico not only can you not fish from the marina docks, you can't within 200, of the marina!

Cheers, cheers

George
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine Twin Coves Marina New Rules! - 05/19/18 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: redraider4life
I'm at Scotts and have not seen this letter on our side of the lake. To be honest I'm glad they are getting off their tails and doing something about it. It amazes me how some people think they can just pull their boat into an open slip, get out with their boom box and start fishing like they own the damn place. I have a lot of $$ invested in my spot on the water and for idiots to come out and act like they run things is besides me. I was broken into last year and lost a ton of tackle so anything that can be done to help, I'm for!!

There is a big difference from people who don't have a slip getting out and fishing the slips to people who do have a slip fishing different slips. I am not sure if the lady is still there, I forgot her name but she was the one that had a problem with fishing other slips. Not to mention people who see you catching fish in a slip but get jealous and to run and tell even though the slip owner gave me permission to fish his slip. It's just a mess.. it's only a matter of time before Scott's has a sign like this. It does have a sign out in front of the office that says you can only fish your slip
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum