Texas Fishing Forum

Do Crappie Nibbles really work?

Posted By: hawghoover

Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:09 PM

iv tried every color and see no diff? i am a strong believer in power worms,not that it makes bass bite but that it makes them hold on longer.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:15 PM

There are times when I do think they really help. I also have my wife use them so the crappie will hold on a little longer because she doesn't have my Ninja reflexes. azn
Posted By: Timberking

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:38 PM

Never leave home without them.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:40 PM

I don't use nibbles, but I know forks that do, mainly cause of the mess. Some how a few end up on the floor. But I do use a "cover" scent. No doubt in my mind that they work.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:41 PM

Id just assume tip my jig with a minnow, but I’ll use them every now and then.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:54 PM

Tried,...nothing but a mess.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 12:56 PM

Catch up with crappiecat...he invented the crappie nibble...and can give you some special tips. grin
Posted By: kdub#1

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 01:07 PM

YES

I was convinced after a fishing trip last winter, would not get a bite without a nibble on but limited with em.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 01:23 PM

thanks all! i will give them another try.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 01:56 PM

It dang sure made a difference last year on Pines. Never used them till then.
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 02:00 PM

I don't use them all the time, but if the bite is slow, I will give them a try. Sometimes you can't get a good bite without using them.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 02:04 PM

I use them 100 + plus jar a year, and will NOT put a jig in the water with out one on. Can you catch fish with out them yes. It’s just a smell of them color doesn’t matter. I have a lot of clients that are believers in them now. I have seen it work and guarantee you it will put more fish in the boat.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 02:27 PM

Definitely check with crapicat...... he won’t wet a hook without one! All kidding aside they are cheap and easy to use. I absolutely know they don’t cause a negative impact so I always use them.
Posted By: Fisherman Joe

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 02:41 PM

I use them jigs with and without, I get better strike and hit ratio WITH crappie nibbles. Most of the times I limit out I have them nibbles I even pick up the ones on the floor not to get them wasted roflmao .

I try to dry them out a bit since they are so soft and moist coming out of the jar and dissolves easily as is, so i put them on top of a paper towel and leave them overnight to get them lose moisture and now I have a tougher dough that won't dissolve easily.
Posted By: Magged Out

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 02:50 PM

Slab Slobber or Sauce here!
Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 03:06 PM

If you think they do they do!!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Fisherman Joe
I use them jigs with and without, I get better strike and hit ratio WITH crappie nibbles. Most of the times I limit out I have them nibbles I even pick up the ones on the floor not to get them wasted roflmao .

I try to dry them out a bit since they are so soft and moist coming out of the jar and dissolves easily as is, so i put them on top of a paper towel and leave them overnight to get them lose moisture and now I have a tougher dough that won't dissolve easily.

Try a micro-fiber towel. Really toughens up the skin.
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 03:49 PM

I rarely use them but I know of people who say they couldn't get bit without them.

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: CrappieXpress
Definitely check with crapicat...... he won’t wet a hook without one! All kidding aside they are cheap and easy to use. I absolutely know they don’t cause a negative impact so I always use them.

Crappiecat feeds them to his minnows, said they fish better that way...he insisted on bringing his own minnows last time we fished together and he did out fish me.
Posted By: CrappieXpress

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing

Crappiecat feeds them to his minnows, said they fish better that way...he insisted on bringing his own minnows last time we fished together and he did out fish me.

He said he’s bringing minners to the gtg next weekend....... I told him i thought it was a great idea . Now while he’s wasting time chasing em around in the bucket I’ll be catching fish...... love it when a plan comes together!!!

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 05:15 PM

He said he’s bringing minners to the gtg next weekend....... I told him i thought it was a great idea . Now while he’s wasting time chasing em around in the bucket I’ll be catching fish...... love it when a plan comes together!!!
yeah and if can even catch a minnow, it'll take him forever to get it hooked on those 90' rods be uses.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 05:27 PM

Try the maggots; same smell and tougher to last longer.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 07:20 PM

The crappie nibbles are not magic so if you’re not on fish you’re just not on fish but if you’re where the fish are and they get lock jaw the nibbles will help you get bit and the fish will hold onto your jig longer giving you more time to set the hook......
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/03/18 10:16 PM

They really do help...some days they make the difference.
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 01:27 AM

Channel cats love em
Posted By: crope1

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 02:09 AM

2-3 years ago,Hook'em aka Bill Carr recommended I use the maggots as Ken mentioned. They are tough and have a scent to boot.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 02:48 AM

Crappie nibbles... slinger...menners?... slinger

Ok, so mostly they are a crutch to make folks feel better or to compensate for overly slow reflexes..or a limber rod... whip

Ocassionally, they actually do help, but not enough to deal with the mess and the extra time...there are some on my boat...kinda shrunken in a glob, kind of like silly putty...you can have them if you want them... nannyboo
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 03:08 AM

There have been times when they have made a difference. Like has been stated above I dry them out either by laying them out between two paper towels. If I'm in a real hurry to dry a batch out I will break out the heat gun and it dries them out in just a few minutes. After I have dried them out I put them in an old Rx bottle that has just a snap on lid. That way I don't have to keep unscrewing the top on the nibble jar. The thing about drying them out is that they last much longer on the hook. I have caught up to 5 fish on one nibble.

>E
Posted By: CrappieFreaks

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 03:30 AM

My dad will not drop a jig without one on it. I don't ever use them and when my dad and I fish together we are usually neck and neck on fish.
Posted By: Buff2

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 12:16 PM

I can only speak for my home lake but here, I sat on top of fish a couple of weeks ago.
If I missed a fish and it knocked my nibble off, i could set there for 10 minutes with no more bumps.
I would reel in add a nibble and go back to catching fish.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Do Crappie Nibbles really work? - 05/04/18 02:41 PM

I always used Megastrike Original Formula on soft plastics when i Bass fished. So when I switched over to crappie fishing I used it on soft plastics for Crappie.

Apply one time, will last until the Slab Bandit is destroyed

Works for me.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum