Texas Fishing Forum

3 day extravaganza

Posted By: CrappieXpress

3 day extravaganza - 04/30/18 06:13 PM

well I had a couple of days off from work and couldn't have asked for better fishing weather. Thursday I went to lake x for a little bit of pre get-together scouting and to make sure Bush Hog had left a few for me. Troy wasn't joking when he said that a NW wind was tough on murvaul..... it was about 15 mph out of the NW which made all of my normal places a no go. so off to find new places I went and I'm glad I did because I now have a few new places to go when I'm there. I wound up with 18 in about 2 hours all solid 11-13 inch fish. I didn't have any throwbacks. after that I was on the road to Caddo for a long weekend. Friday morning was slow with a cold start but as the day warmed up so did the catching. the normal white and chartruse wasn't producing so I made the change to a purple chartreuse and in short order wound up with 16 nice crappie and several nice shellcrackers. color changes for me don't normally make that big of a difference but for once it paid off. I also caught one Mohawk.....first one of those in a couple of years. Saturday was all about the kids. Fished for about an hour right at daylight before the kids got up and put 10 nice crappie in the box then the rest of the day I spent baiting hooks and taking off fish. All in all it was a beautiful 3 days to be on the water.....no cooler pictures this time but I did snap one of the Mohawk as he was cool.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: 3 day extravaganza - 04/30/18 07:12 PM

Sounds like some good days on the water. If you get a chance to fish Martin Creek it's full of Mohawks (when you can find them).
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: 3 day extravaganza - 04/30/18 08:48 PM

Good report...glad you found em.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 3 day extravaganza - 05/01/18 02:54 AM

Nice post. Glad you were able to get some fishing time! cheers
Posted By: sticknstring

Re: 3 day extravaganza - 05/01/18 03:25 AM

Sounds like a great time! Thanx for sharing your stor
Posted By: crapicat

Re: 3 day extravaganza - 05/01/18 01:36 PM

Glad to see someone besides me was catching in new areas....danged ole wind boogered up my usual spots.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum