Texas Fishing Forum

Bent Soft Plastics

Posted By: Spiderman

Bent Soft Plastics - 04/29/18 08:54 PM

If you have ever been crappie fishing and noticed the lure just wants to spin when you pick it up out of the water. It is usually because the tail is bent and the lure is going around in small circles.

You can fix these baits by taking a small pot of boiling water. Remove it from the heat and add the crooked plastics for one minute. Remove the plastics and place the bodies straight on a small metal cookie sheet an place in the frig for one hour.

Boiling water is not hot enough to dissolve the plastic but it will allow the lure to be molded into the new shape.

I usually add a few drops of cod liver oil to the plastic package. It makes it easier for the baits to move around without getting twisted.

Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 04/30/18 02:12 AM

Thanks for the tip.

>E
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 04/30/18 04:01 PM

thats called PERRONIES DISEASE. roflmao
Posted By: CrappieFreaks

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/01/18 10:09 PM

Appreciate the tip
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/02/18 01:45 AM

clap
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/02/18 02:09 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
thats called PERRONIES DISEASE. roflmao

I thought it was from too much. Nevermind, I ain't going there. lizard

>E
Posted By: pop r

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/03/18 03:09 PM

clap Thank you that is nice to know.
Posted By: cjcrappie

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/09/18 05:23 PM

Thanks for this tip. I went fishing and noticed my jig tail bent and said now how am I going to get this straight...
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/09/18 05:33 PM

good to know. that drives me crazy lol
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/09/18 07:20 PM

I had this happen to me but I don't have the time to straighten the 1000 of baits in my boat and then try to keep them straight.

What I have done is tie a jig head to a leader (8 -17lb Floro) and then tie a swivel to the other side. I then use a Norman speed clip tied to my braid then clip the swivel to the speed clip. Eliminates all the line twist while also allowing me to quickly change heads/baits when I am fishing. If I break off a jig, I just grab another one and clip it on. Here is a pic of some of the ones I tied up for bridge fishing.

I have a bunch of single jig heads that are already tied up that are wrapped around a chunk of foam and the stored in a plastic box. If I want to change size or color of head, remove the old one and clip the new one on and quickly get back to fishing.

Works for me.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Bent Soft Plastics - 05/10/18 04:41 AM

Interesting, thanks for the tip!

I usually seek out the bent tail bodies, when I am trying to get an injured minnow presentation. Otherwise, I appreciate the straight tails.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum