Texas Fishing Forum

Note to XI-5 Guys

Posted By: keyboard

Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 12:49 AM

For all you XI-5 guys don’t forget to change out your batteries in your remote lest you get to lake and trolling motor don’t come on. 2 triple a batteries and a very small Phillips screw driver. Ask me how I know this.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 01:20 AM

Originally Posted By: keyboard
For all you XI-5 guys don’t forget to change out your batteries in your remote lest you get to lake and trolling motor don’t come on. 2 triple a batteries and a very small Phillips screw driver. Ask me how I know this.

Hmmmm... hmmm

Glad I got the other kind...now, if I could JUST find a replacement battery for that stupid looking pancake battery! roflmao
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 01:21 AM

I knew mine were going bad when it started acting goofy. TM would speed up and slow down on its own. I just keep spares in the boat now.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 02:08 AM

Purdy sure my foot control runs on double A. Just replaced them this evening for a weekend of fishing. And keep some extras in my tool box. Wasn't sure what was in the remote, now I will get some. Thank you for the reminder... cheers
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: keyboard

Hmmmm... hmmm

Glad I got the other kind...now, if I could JUST find a replacement battery for that stupid looking pancake battery! roflmao

Should be a 3v battery
Posted By: canyoncreek06

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 05:32 AM

I keep plenty of spares for my MinnKota remote. I've had to replace it mid trip on more than one occasion.

>E

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 08:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man
Purdy sure my foot control runs on double A. Just replaced them this evening for a weekend of fishing. And keep some extras in my tool box. Wasn't sure what was in the remote, now I will get some. Thank you for the reminder... cheers

I keep the foot control in the boat Incase the remote goes out...didn’t know I had to put batteries in it too...sigh, some days, you just can’t win... dunce
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/28/18 09:56 PM

Make sure you keep your remote somewhere where the buttons won’t be pushed down too. Mine died quick from putting it in the console of my truck where it got pushed up against something.

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/29/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: canyoncreek06
I keep plenty of spares for my MinnKota remote. I've had to replace it mid trip on more than one occasion.

>E

Well, if my foot control battery dies after my remote battery dies...guess I am back to Big motor and anchor...

In the mean time, guess I better get on of those spare batteries...
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/29/18 02:51 AM

I have to admit I think it was a boneheaded move of MotorGuide to have different sized batteries in the handheld and foot control.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Note to XI-5 Guys - 04/30/18 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111
I have to admit I think it was a boneheaded move of MotorGuide to have different sized batteries in the handheld and foot control.

Agreed...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum